BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm new to the forum - I have always had BM's from the beloved E30 325's, E36 M3, and last car was an E39 2003 530 Champagne Model II reluctantly sold. Other models include 2000 model 740i and loads of E34 525i-540's.

I have a Mercedes E320 '94 coupe, and the wife has a 318ti, so you could call me a defector for the plain reason that every time I jump behind the wheel of a BM, I want to press the car and enjoy it, and long for a modern E30 feel, but due to points on my licence have opted for the safe relaxing and comfortable E320.

Well now it is time to upgrade the wifes car, and as decent X5's seem to be out of my budget, I have been searching high and low for a one owner, low mileage (upto 45k) E39 2003 525i sport, but am struggling like hell.

Similarly on MBZ forum, there seems to be a shortage of decent second hand Mercs and assume the difficulty in finding a good 525i that fits the criteria is down to people opting for decent second hand BM's rather than buying new cars.

Is it just me, or are these cars becoming thin on the ground?

·
Registered
163 Posts
They are because they are just normal day to day cars the mileage on them would be around 60-70k now, comparing to like a M3 which should have lower mileage because its a performance car and not really a day to day driving car.

I just had a quick look on pistonheads and this one showed up to be in pretty good nick and not really a bad price either i dont think, http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/690736.htm

Tell me wh at you think of it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what I am after and the mileage is ok, however, my budget is really 7k, and even though I could stretch to more, and although it has A/C, I also want a sunroof.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because they stopped producing the E39 in 2003, that is my limit on age and therefore budget. The next model doesn't do anything for me at all.

I also have this idea that it takes a couple of years to perfect a model - manufacturing wise - and therefore the later model, if I liked the way it looked, would be out of my price range anyway.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Im just saying if I was you, I would buy a 530d E39, you can get on a good run 40mpg, in town usually around 27mpg. There have been no problems with our beemer, and I literally mean no problems at all no turbos nothing purely just the body work there may be a scratch here and there but that's expected. Im starting to like the E60 5 series

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.