BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I hope someone can help me with this issue. I am currently trying to understand how INPA, NCSEXPERT and other software work because I need to disable a lost key.
While I was playing with the software called inpa, I managed to make it work and read my car info.
I decided then to read memory errors and found several errors stated. Can you please tell me what these are are or where I can find their meaning?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
You need to read the error in the individual modules to get more info.

Your car could have been building a list of errors for years so don't worry too much / get too excited.

Oh and if you configure a generic text printer you can print the errors to a text file instead of keeping taking screen shots (because you can google for the exact text then)

For Windows XP

• Click Start -> "Control Panel"
  • Click "Printers and Other Hardware" (if on category view, if on Classic view find it yourself)
  • Click "Printers and Faxes"
  • Click "Add a printer"
  • Click Next
  • Click "Local printer attached to this computer" radio button
  • Clear to CLEAR the "Automatically detect.........." check box
  • Click Next
  • "Use the following port" radio button, use the drop down arrow to choose "FILE: (Print to File)
  • Click Next
  • "Manufacturer" column choose "Generic"
  • "Printers" column choose "Generic / text Only"
  • Click Next
  • Under "Printer name" type a suitable name
  • Click the "No" radio button under "Do you want to use this printer as the default printer?" if you do not wish this to be default (for example you have another printer)
  • Click Next
  • Click "No" radio button under "Do you want to print a test page" (you don't have to this is just for practice)
  • Click Next
  • Click Finish

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's a lot. I will set the printer.
I did some search on some of the code but couldn't find much information to help me with this.
can you please tell me how I read individual modules? is that that in INPA?

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
From the E90 menu, where you see body, chassis etc, pick on of those and it'll should show a list of possible E90 modules, you'll want to focus on the ones that had errors with the quick test, and inside each module you'll get to read the codes and get descriptions for them too.

eg, don't just go to functional jobs, pick the categories in the table, and then the modules you want to check

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am trying to use ncs expert, when I try to read the chassis I get the following error: following feature is invalid for fa: $2AT
After reading a few posts around, what I gathered is that I need to update my daten files. I have noticed that daten files are very heavy (around 16gb)
will it be working if I just replace the daten file for my chassis (e90 lci) ... if so, can I know where to find daten files for this chassis?

Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts