BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
ex bmw tech i use,,discs and pads all round fitted/brake fluid service and 2 wear sensors,i bought the discs/pads,,£140 cash...

I've been quoted £402 inc VAT for sparks, cabin filter, oil and filter, MOT by the BMW independent.
No brake fluid change.

Nationwide BMW main dealers want I think £418 and throw in a wash and mini valet and 0% interest
Main dealer was about 40 or 50 quid less about 3 weeks ago.

Its an E90 3 series from 2008, v low milegage and immaculate. Hardly does any miles.

So I'm thinking of going back to the main dealer... or trying a 2nd indie?
To me, the indepdent (I used them the last 2 years) is starting to sound expensive?

·
Registered
63 Plate Bmw M135i Estoril Blue
180 Posts
Well I payed about the same tbf for my service. Only reason being is I had a Ford Fiesta previous which was a peace of cake. But since having all the undertrays etc it’s more of a pain having to get the 20 bolts off and sliding the panel out. But servicing isn’t hard it’s the same for most cars. As for the cost question most garages work by a system that tells them how long a job should take. E.g service 3 hrs etc that’s how they get there quotes for the job might be diffrent for others but in the past this was the case

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
i service my own cars on my drive(ramps)total about 1 hour each,,air/oil filters and 7 litres of oil(bulk) £45-£50 total cost,fuel filter every 3rd service,no more than 30k miles,add £20,usually get garage to do that if its in for summit like new brakes,which i did with my 640d couple months ago.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts