BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi fellow bimmer owners i was wanting to know if i sold my car with the private plate what do i need to do what happens to the old plates do i need to inform the dvla about my PP will i need to pay any money to them
thanks in advance
Nick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Surely you registered the car with the private plates? :confused or you driving around with private plates and you haven't informed the DVLA?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
If you're selling the car with the plates and not transferring them off the car then do nothing, just sell the car as normal with the Reg that's on it. Otherwise you can put it on retention for a fee c£100 I think although it's been a while and they will more than likely assign the old plate back to the car and you can keep your private plate on retention for £25 per year after the first year, the retention fee includes the assignment fee for when you want to put it back onto a car I think

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surely you registered the car with the private plates? :confused or you driving around with private plates and you haven't informed the DVLA?
yes the car is registered with the private plates and NO im not driving around without the DVLA being informed
i wasnt sure what i needed to do to sell the car with the PP`s thats all

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're selling the car with the plates and not transferring them off the car then do nothing, just sell the car as normal with the Reg that's on it. Otherwise you can put it on retention for a fee c£100 I think although it's been a while and they will more than likely assign the old plate back to the car and you can keep your private plate on retention for £25 per year after the first year, the retention fee includes the assignment fee for when you want to put it back onto a car I think
thanks thats all i needed to know :thumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts