BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about to buy a e60 2005 and seen a se with sport kit and 19" spider alloys. car looks amazing but not sure if se is worth getting as i was looking at msport originally.
can anyone help with the difference please?
also the car has idrive so screen is there but no satnav. can a dvd be fitted instead of the cd player? it also has a changer too

·
Registered
477 Posts
I got SE with kit and spider and I'm enjoying best of both worlds look of sport and comfort of SE, yes I don't have sport seats but who cares.

I do have most of the boxes ticked though eg parking sensors, satnav, leather voice controls bluetooth etc. And also upgraded sound by adding earthquake subs underneath and logic 7 twitters.

Not sure about your DVD question I'm not a fan of watching tele or movies in a car cause of safety so never tried.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
The M Sport sits some 20mm lower than an SE, suspension is firmer for the sports and handles better. Has black trim around the windows
SE is comfort centric and comes with chrome trim around all windows
All E60's have iDrive, if you don't see navigation then it doesn't have it and a retrofit will cost thousands. same goes for bluetooth, if you don't see it under communications in iDrive - it doesn't have it.

You could possibly fit a DVD drive, but what would be the point unless you going for a retrofit sat nav.

a minimum spec for this type of car should be leather and bluetooth - remember one day you will want to sell her on

decisions decisions hey?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts