1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a E92 2008 335d

My model has screen washer jets and headlight washers

I have filled my screen wash fluid tank to the top however very little water comes through to the screen wash jets but the headlight jets still work extremely powerfully

Any suggestions on getting the screen wash jets back to proper function.

Chet

·
Premium Member
4,567 Posts
On the pump that sprays the screen, there is a small plastic filter. This gets gunged up, you just need to pull the pump out of the washer bottle and pull the filter off the end.

The xenon pump is larger and has a bigger diameter hose, so you can't confuse them.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Pends where the blockage is, if mcbonios filter tip doesn't clear it freeing the pipe at the nozzle end and a compressed airjet reverse blast can clear gunge, the nozzles themselves could be blocked and need standing in something like a steradent mix to dissolve stuff...
Or the feed pipes could be squished, or right angled having come adrift... bit of detective work...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the pump that sprays the screen, there is a small plastic filter. This gets gunged up, you just need to pull the pump out of the washer bottle and pull the filter off the end.

The xenon pump is larger and has a bigger diameter hose, so you can't confuse them.
Hi mcbonio, Thanks for the advice, Where is the pump located, iv seen posts that say you have to take the drivers front wheel off to get to it? is this correct, or can i access it through the bonet as most cars? As i'm fairly new to BMW i'm not fully aware of everything under the bonet just yet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts