BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys just a little idea ive been pondering to get a decent meet organised. there is nothing in stone yet but having the idea of a meet at the scottish borders for some natter and pictures then a drive through the hills to a decent pub or the likes for some grub.

end of april will be a good time as plenty will have been paid ect and also gives polenty of organising time for people to arrange things.
im from the north east so we will be driving up and im also going to ask the NW if there intrested in this
so what do you say lads?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Im in if I am driving by end of April, Which I doubt, Why not end of May? :) Gives me time to finish my car and get a license again lol.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
get crqacking with your licence mate and wel see how iut plays out may could be the time itl be when mines due to come off the road as i may have a scooby finished by then ready for some fun for a few month

·
Registered
213 Posts
Kev is right am up for a run,

Also im still needing to sort out the RR day once i get my own car sorted out with the new parts!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Should be great and be good to catch up with everyone,I'm also in same boat as Roddy the now so soon as everything is on and running i;m defo in,just need Kev to find us a place to go and take over for food and pics :rofl:rofl

:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
0 Posts
I might well be up for this ;) New to the forum, new to BMW....

Not got my new toy yet but pick her up next week....

·
Registered
390 Posts
I might well be up for this ;) New to the forum, new to BMW....

Not got my new toy yet but pick her up next week....
Al are welcome and good if your new as mean's you will also get to put some faces to the names plus alot off us havent meet yet aswell so all good :D:thumbsup

·
Registered
6 Posts
Definitely need to get something organised, Three Bimmers in our little row of houses here in Kenmore, will try and get us all there. Weekends best... here's hoping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi all, did you manage to have a run, sounds great just missed it as just got a 320i manual two weeks ago wat do you guys think of the 320i straight 6, might get to next outing if all is well ta lads good luck

·
Registered
390 Posts
hi all, did you manage to have a run, sounds great just missed it as just got a 320i manual two weeks ago wat do you guys think of the 320i straight 6, might get to next outing if all is well ta lads good luck
Hey mate nope this hasn't kicked off yet,think everyone has forgot about it :lol...i'm sure something will happen soon with the better weather coming in or ment to be better weather hahaha,just keep an eye on the meet's :thumbsup

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kenmore idea...

hi there:)
If there's a few of you guys out there, like me fancy a wee meet-up.
I live in Kenmore, 6 miles through Aberfeldy then once past on to Killin.
A nice drive up the A9 towards Inverness or back passed loch lomond,Crainlarich and theres plenty of them graceful corners,and countryrside we all love.

Today there was a group of vintage motors popped in for lunch at the hotel, where I work,not a lot of time to admire but got a few photos with me phone (see below), there's a village shop and a bistro type place over the bridge with posh shopping available.Would be nice to fill the village square with BMW's for a change as have everything from Rally cars to Ferrari's passing through.

I'm pretty sure i can arrange a photo spot in front of the kenmore bridge, behind Kenmore hotel, for individual or group shots,about 400/500 sqr feet or so on the river bank providing we don't chew the ground up/weather dependant that one would have to be otherwise the boss will kill me.....:jaw-dropping

There's Taymouth castle, but lots of development going on up there at the moment so might be tricky but there's 2 nice castle gates we could probably park three or four cars across for photo's, maybe a drive through the grounds if I can let them know in advance, Don't know will have to speak to the head groundsman about that one:cool

If we make it a Sunday miday-ish sort of thing.......in the next couple months will even try and talk the General Manager into getting us some sandwiches and soft drinks as we are all responsible drivers:D

Just an idea let me know what you think.......

http://www.kenmorehotel.com/kenmoreuk/

if you want to have a peek.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts