BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So having had a search, some threads are old, some vague and others not sure about.

When it comes to scanning trouble codes and more importantly for me being able to force a dpf regen. What is the best and preferably cheapest to get?

My preference in getting a tool, whatever it maybe, is ease of use first then cost.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Foxwell are good and easy to use, also the Carly adapter and app on your phone will scan codes,give a bit of live data,force a regen and some basic coding like setting DRL’s etc.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Carly is ok if you want to do a bit of coding as well worth the first year.
But the Foxwell 520 i think is a good choice for long term.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, yeah not looking to pay for any device with yearly fees so will checkout the Foxwell thank you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone used the icarsoft BMM V.2? I looked at the Foxwell but looks like its been replaced by the 530 for more money

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Where is it that price ? Cheapest I found was £160 :/
i will post it..https://www.foxwelltool.co.uk/wholesale/nt510-multi-system-scanner-with-one-fre-car-brand-software-and-obd.html its went up a little since last feb,but this is what i bought nt510 elite,and when i got it it was a nt530,,the elite model does cats to 2020 i think,and so does 530 etc,£114 is better than you are getting,third pic along click and it will say 1 free download pre loaded,it is but you have to download from tthe foxwell website as i did

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Many thanks, did you have to pay tax on import?
nope,,was £104 delivered..and as said in the ad.they actually send an nt530...they are only from europe warehouse,whats good about these is you can get any other car brand at a later date for £50,can ad as many as 6 i think

·
Registered
E91 320D M42TU2 2006 Manual
277 Posts
There would be import tax 20% and courier handling fee about £10 as we are no longer in Europe.

But for reference I emailed Foxwell about the 510 Elite, best price, shipping from etc and import duty and this is the reply I received -

"Hi
Sorry, it is discontinued.
You can have a look at the vident ilink 400, it will cover the same functions as the NT530 and it is more cost-effective.
VIDENT iLink400 Full System Bi-Directional Scan tool "

Its a different branded product and updates are only free for the first 3 years and then you would have to pay $50/£37 per year after that. They failed to answer most of my questions.

Maybe be worth trying to order from rasa's link and see what happens.

·
Registered
E91 320D M42TU2 2006 Manual
277 Posts
Foxwell should have recommended "VIDENT iMax4302 BMW" which would be more comparable with the NT530 with free lifetime updates. £124.95 on eBay.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts