BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, newbie here! Just got myself a lovely 116i SE, but Im really not happy with the standard stereo! Didnt think a BMW would have such a poor quality system! Anyway, I'll be getting a new head unit, and I have a 12" Pioneer sub sitting not doing anything, so my question is this: How easy is it to run the required phono leads through to the boot for a sub? Is there a painless way of doing it without having to take the whole interior apart? Im hesitant to start taking things apart and introducing rattles and breaking things!

Also, with regards to the standard speakers, just how bad are they? And does any manufacturer actually make aftermarket ones that would fit in the tiny mount in the front doors?

Apologies for all the questions! Thanks!

·
Registered
401 Posts
if you dont want to run the cable you could just try upgrading the original speakers to more powerfull units, that along with a new headunit would give you a nice system, complete speaker upgrade will cost around 300quid if you swap out every speaker, cheaper if you shop around, this is prob the better option as it holds its resale value because it stays factory

·
Registered
401 Posts
if you setup the headunit right and get the right speakers yea, depends how much bass your looking for tho tbh, another option wich is one that i prefer to just having a big bassbox in the boot would be to have a custom install, costs a few quid more but its a lot more satisfying, if you brought new door cards for the rear and butchered them for larger speakers to fit then you can replace the originals when it comes to selling it and still retain the high resale figure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.