BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys quick question, yes i no its been talked about so much lol, im ditching the rfts on rear, switching from conti 6 & goin over to non rft uniroyal rainsport 5, i have read in past posts that its a bad idea having rft on one axle & not the other, any comments greatly appreciated as mot is on 21st & these contis are borderline

·
Registered
743 Posts
I didn’t have an issue doing that on my previous car, I swapped front to rear so no RFT on the front and RFT on the back to kill them off quicker.
I contemplated doing all 4 at same time but opted to get more life from the RFT. It was a mapped e92 330d so rears were done in about 8k anyway which didn’t take that long.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Same here no problems at all.
Rears went on rs3 then later the fronts went on rs3.
Only time it ia a no-no is putting one rf on the left and none rf on the right of the same axle.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I had rft on rear temporrily due of maintenance, when hard conerning no grip.
As expected due rft's are stiffer, no flex when needed in hard load conditions.

·
Registered
98 Posts
On my 330d the front runflats wore, but the rears still had a bit of grip left. So a few months back, I replaced the fronts with standard tyres. The car has been running fine and handles perfectly. Now the rear runflats need replacing, so will put non runflats at the back too.

So in summary, it shouldn't cause any issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No issue running different tyres on rear unless it’s an x-drive.
Not xdrive, but thanks for all ur replys, u guys have deffo put my mind at rest, so looking 4ward to ditching the tramling hard ride of a runflat 👍👍👍👍

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hmmm my experience was somewhat different … on my 330d I swapped out The rfts on the back for midrange tyres (I was doing 30k a year so wasn’t going premium) while the fronts were wearing down.

I found tramlining was atrocious and far worse than all rfts or once I’d matched the non rfts on the back with the same on the front.

Prob because they were only midrange tyres (Falken as I recall) but certainly for me it made a huge difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts