BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
So you all know we're brilliant at wrapping and our body work is of a high standard.
Our body kits and carbon productions are of a competitive standard to original brands.

But did you know we also do full restorations?
Well when it comes to customisation, this project pretty much sums up what we're capable of doing.
Here is a classic Lotus Espri.
Have a guess as to what we'll be doing to it?
Those of you who had been to our workshop and have seen it, pls keep quiet.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
The job spec was
Total body restore
Fabricate front undertray
Fabricate Rear diffuser
Total interior re-trim to customers spec which includes boot lining roof lining and carpeting.
Powdercoat wheels
Powdercoat Engine covers
Service
Glass out and all resealed
Total ICE overhall and upgrade
Replace all grills
Replace all door frames
Door rebuild and wirings

Now taking the car apart was not easy.
Nearly every bolt and bracket was rusted and so everything broke
This means we had to make all the new brackets and replace every single nut and bolt
This car was not design to be taken apart.
When researching the lotus forum to see how people did it, most leave the bumpers and valance on
because they're so difficult to remove. Of course we went the extra mile.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Thanks Prince.

Here's more with the fresh paint

and the engine parts are off for powder coating along with the wheels

Then the polishing

We modified the engine cover and removed the old grill. Making a brand new see through one from 15mm Policarbonate plastic which can withstand the high engine temp and to show off the sexy engine when it's done

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Thanks Andy

Totally forgot to show you guys more!

So here's what the powder coated engine parts look like.

and the alloys

Now to rebuild! First the glass.

Then the doors. Total re seals and new frames and all rewired.

Next load up the ICE goodies

and a total rewiring before we put the dash back in

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hi guys, what headlight tint do you use? (if you dont mind me asking)
i bought some recently and it was as dark as the stuff you used on the celica but didnt let alot of light through.
tbh i dont want it that dark but even though yours is it seems to let a fair bit of light through.
im after something like lamin-x's gunsmoke but they dont sell to the public any more :S

any help would be much appreciated,
Dan.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Remember the rusty grill on the engine cover?

So the interior.
Here is is after a total re-trim with diamond stitching with Alcatara lining on the dash and head lining

And here is is finished with its custom diffuser

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
yes we do. :)
We also do under car aero too.
This was something we designed and made:

Special thanks to Marco in the Netherlands who races in the Time Attack for the pics of his install.
He's yet to fit the front 2 rods and to adjust his suspension but as you can see it works well in combination with our front lip on his GT4.
We'll be getting some more feedback from his trial runs soon.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Holy shit that looks quality. Might be something I'm after depending on costs. I'll be giving you guys a shout sometime in the new year by the looks of things. :thumbsup

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
well I can tell you now that the front under splitter is £350 plus postage and comes with a fixing kit. Its universal and can be trimmed down to fit any car. We also make diffusers universal which can be bought on ebay and also custom if people want. Like what we did with the Lotus. These things mainly appeal to our track users.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
So after a few test runs and a few tweaks, Marco had a great run at Circuit Park Zandvoort.
In fact he did so well he was thrown out of his class!!!
His feedback was:
Yesterday I was kicked out of my class, because I was driving too fast! The splitter did a great job!In a certain corner I first drove 69km/h on gps, now it was 89km/h!, with no problems!The car feels great now in corners!Especially in fast tricky corners, like Scheivlak.It is an high speed corner to the right, that also goes downward.Check it on Youtube if you want!I am very pleased with the splitter!Great job!!

Automaxx Super Sunday 2012 Marco V Celica Turbo - YouTube

So there you go. If you're into track events, this IS a must have for your car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
When we where approached by a customer who wanted us to "tastefully modify" his Bentley GT Continental, we found it hard to keep things subtle.
So as a customisation body shop we did what we thought was best to ensure that this car kept it's value.

We blacked out the badges and grills front and back
Tinted all the windows
Referbed the alloys in black with diamond cut lip
De-chromed all the trims in black vinyl
Interior cleaned and restored
Minor body work corrections

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Here's one sexy model we had to shout about.
This car does a lot of motorway driving so it was covered in stone chips. We gave it a refreshing and durable make over with a goldfish orange 2 tone wrap with the added protection of a clear film protect at the front.
Other extra's where also added such as tinted rear lights, blacked kidney grills an gloss black roof and side mirrors as a finish touch.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts