BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a couple of things off fleabay both of them were sent 1st class recorded delivery 1 took 11 days to arrive from postage date the other 14 days:jaw-dropping

after the recent death of me mum there is a lot of solicitors bumf to get thru a letter was sent out to me 7 days ago? still no sign of it yet!! and going on the fact if i go upstairs and look out of my own bedroom window i can actually see our solicitors house from my window!! :grumpy:grumpy (dont ask!!)

takin the p+ss!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
bought a couple of things off fleabay both of them were sent 1st class recorded delivery 1 took 11 days to arrive from postage date the other 14 days:jaw-dropping

after the recent death of me mum there is a lot of solicitors bumf to get thru a letter was sent out to me 7 days ago? still no sign of it yet!! and going on the fact if i go upstairs and look out of my own bedroom window i can actually see our solicitors house from my window!! :grumpy:grumpy (dont ask!!)

takin the p+ss!!!!
sorry to read about the death of your mum dailydoggy,my condolence..

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Personally I find them hit and miss at best, as safeguard everything I post these days is always "signed for".

Bet the solicitors won't allow you to collect their correspondence as it'll mean they won't be able to charge you exorbitant postage fees :frown

Sadly tho there's not much of an alternative to RM especially regarding standard mail items :thumbsup

·
Registered
506 Posts
Royal Mail are indeed cack and it seems they'll let anyone be a postman these days too looking at some of them.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
i had some stuf delivered signed for, before christmas and it was just left in the post box ... no body signed for it

Got them christmas presents for free, thank you royal mail

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Agreed - the sooner it's sold off an dragged into the 21st (or even the 20th!) century the better.

I went to the assessment as a temporary postie many year ago when between jobs (aka unemployed). We had 45 minutes to answer about 20 multi-choice questions - I'm no rocket scientist and finished it inside 5.....the bloke next to me put his hand up around that time, the invigilator came over and he said 'what do I put here?' and she replied 'your name..........'

Nuff said

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

takin the p+ss!!!!
likewise - my deepest condolences !

Reactions: dailydoggy

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have to go the RM rail hub at warrington sometimes, they have a pool table,table football flat screen tv, and SKY, umpteen food and drinks machines in the canteen area...

don't work nights they handover to agency staff on p+ss poor money on nights...

sez it all really, need to get with the real world and private company ethos!! we don't even get free tea bags..

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Royal Mail are indeed cack and it seems they'll let anyone be a postman these days too looking at some of them.
Same up here, all different languages as well half the time.

Arrives at all different times as well from like half 8 till about 1pm.

When i lived at the family home it was the same bloke all the time till i was about 20.

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same up here, all different languages as well half the time.

Arrives at all different times as well from like half 8 till about 1pm.

When i lived at the family home it was the same bloke all the time till i was about 20.
same here aswell up and till last year, no local posty man now...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I live in a village and up until Wednesday we had a regular posty. since then a new face every day - result no post, post of other people, they getting my post and to top it all off .... this morning he is asking ME where no 126 is????? how should i know matey - this is no 11 !!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Condolences on the loss of your mum.

Agree that RM are crap, 2 weeks before christmas I sent a 60 day free trial for lovefilm to Skye, the envelope arrived last week, wrapped in plastic, with sorry for the damage, the christmas card and gift card were both missing and the envelope had obviously been opened.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts