BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie member so pls bare with, just picked up a 320d 2006 m47 I believe, 120,000 miles that’s been sat a year or more. On initial start up in morning takes 2 or 3 attempts to start and when It does it’s quite smoky “blueish” and sounds like it’s not firing on all cylinders,after few mins of driving it clears and runs ok till the next morning. Smoke doesn’t completely go but clears a lot. I’ve changed fuel filter and crankcase breather so far. Really great fuel for any pointers and advice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Newbie member so pls bare with, just picked up a 320d 2006 m47 I believe, 120,000 miles that’s been sat a year or more. On initial start up in morning takes 2 or 3 attempts to start and when It does it’s quite smoky “blueish” and sounds like it’s not firing on all cylinders,after few mins of driving it clears and runs ok till the next morning. Smoke doesn’t completely go but clears a lot. I’ve changed fuel filter and crankcase breather so far. Really great fuel for any pointers and advice.
Got exactly the same issue as you on my 06 320d that's done 174k. It always starts but it does shake for 10 seconds and puffs blue smoke - which clears after about 5 seconds.

I've done the glow plugs, module, ran injector cleaner, new fuel filter. I've tried changing an injector I thought was faulty.

How long has it been doing it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got exactly the same issue as you on my 06 320d that's done 174k. It always starts but it does shake for 10 seconds and puffs blue smoke - which clears after about 5 seconds.

I've done the glow plugs, module, ran injector cleaner, new fuel filter. I've tried changing an injector I thought was faulty.

How long has it been doing it?
I’m not sure I’ve only just got the car and it was sitting a year or more before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
initially was fault codes showing glow plugs and glow plug module. Both have been replaced now showing no fault codes at all. I’m on the lines as a leaky injector where it’s been sat for a while but I’m not entirely sure. I’ve changed oil breather, fuel filter. I will change oils and filter tomorrow and run it for a week or so and see what happens.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’m not sure I’ve only just got the car and it was sitting a year or more before.
It could be a leaky injector and it could also be the injector seals too.

The two of my copper ones I have removed so far have been completely shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts