BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
insured the wifes car last month, policy was 38 a month, paid monthly so i could pay my car insurence in a oner, both were due same time, when the paper work was sent through it had mysteriously gone up to 40 a month, had to send proff of no claims in, bit old fasioned but ok, sent in 5 years ncd, just received a letter saying that ncd was incorrect on qoute and as a result 71 qiud is my monthly payment, to say im angry is an understatment, on the certiuficate of insurence it states 6 years no claims, anyone had this, im gonna cancel and go elsewhere what are my rights, im amazed that they say me ncd is incorrect credit me with a years extra then put the price up 260 pounds:mad

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would cancel with them I think you have 30 days to cancel anyway mate, go somewere else
thats what ill do, 30 days is up today though already got another qoute, told the wife to cancel it afterwork tomorrow:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
bit late seeing this.. but I was with Elephant and have been for a few years and the wife was with The AA - my insurance went down this year and the Wife's went up!!.. Her renewal was 1 month after mine, so I asked her to call Elephant as well.

Anyway - long story short the guy at Elephant arranged to cancel my policy (free of charge as it had just started) and move us both onto a multi car policy with Admiral (saving us £300 in the process!!). So we are now both fully comp on each others cars (as we were before), have protected no claims bonus, continue to earn our own independent no claims and a few other bits I can't remember.. as well as saving £300!!

Might be worth looking into seeing if this is an option for you?

·
Registered
74 Posts
have you phoned them up and asked about it? i'm with green too and my premium went up so i called them and got it down about £400. worth a go maybe just an error?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
bit late seeing this.. but I was with Elephant and have been for a few years and the wife was with The AA - my insurance went down this year and the Wife's went up!!.. Her renewal was 1 month after mine, so I asked her to call Elephant as well.

Anyway - long story short the guy at Elephant arranged to cancel my policy (free of charge as it had just started) and move us both onto a multi car policy with Admiral (saving us £300 in the process!!). So we are now both fully comp on each others cars (as we were before), have protected no claims bonus, continue to earn our own independent no claims and a few other bits I can't remember.. as well as saving £300!!

Might be worth looking into seeing if this is an option for you?
We did exactly the same thing last year. GF bought a 300 zx and has a ford shyte bought from Gordons Ford [warranty worth naff all and customer service sucks big time] of wigan (sorry , had to get that in as they are still giving her the run around).

Anyway, she found her insurance dropped massively and also brought mine down if we had all 3 cars on multicar with Admiral.

BUT---- this year, my insurance cost with admiral was some 200 pounds OVER what a direct quote from admiral (price comparison, meerkat or whatever) showed for my car on my own.

Told them to stick it up their butts and buggered off to 'More than'. brought my insurance DOWN from last years cost as well. All in all worked out well and GF kept a multicar with Admiral (after calling to do same thing as me) but revised figures to around what she had to outlay last year.

Watch for the increase when they gamble on you not checking next year.

Reactions: pangster

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
We did exactly the same thing last year. GF bought a 300 zx and has a ford shyte bought from Gordons Ford [warranty worth naff all and customer service sucks big time] of wigan (sorry , had to get that in as they are still giving her the run around).

Anyway, she found her insurance dropped massively and also brought mine down if we had all 3 cars on multicar with Admiral.

BUT---- this year, my insurance cost with admiral was some 200 pounds OVER what a direct quote from admiral (price comparison, meerkat or whatever) showed for my car on my own.

Told them to stick it up their butts and buggered off to 'More than'. brought my insurance DOWN from last years cost as well. All in all worked out well and GF kept a multicar with Admiral (after calling to do same thing as me) but revised figures to around what she had to outlay last year.

Watch for the increase when they gamble on you not checking next year.
I always check the renewal.. as I know they're (insurance companies in general) slippery buggers and will try and squeeze in a hike if they think they can get away with it! LOL!..

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update, the wife phoned and cancelled today, that cost 50 cancellation fee, another 50 was also charged for the 2 unadjusted payments, I've paid 180 pounds for 31 days insurence, will look into taking this further, the reason was my wife has a no-fault claim, that's right this is the second time I've come across insurences bumping up premiums cos of nofault claims, so it looks like you get penalised for those 2, after searching the Internet we've now gone with tescos , but I have to say all qoutes came in dearer cos of a now declared no faultclaim, to clear this up when someone runs into your car admits liability you still get f88ked, I'll be looking into this

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By the way the other time a company tried this was admiral, another parasite I'll never use again

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
no fault claims are nothing but daylight robbery. especially so if you have no claims protection. Do they still count it? not sure.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Update, the wife phoned and cancelled today, that cost 50 cancellation fee, another 50 was also charged for the 2 unadjusted payments, I've paid 180 pounds for 31 days insurence, will look into taking this further, the reason was my wife has a no-fault claim, that's right this is the second time I've come across insurences bumping up premiums cos of nofault claims, so it looks like you get penalised for those 2, after searching the Internet we've now gone with tescos , but I have to say all qoutes came in dearer cos of a now declared no faultclaim, to clear this up when someone runs into your car admits liability you still get f88ked, I'll be looking into this
I don't think you'll see a penny back rumple :frown
I had a non fault accident few years back. I played it by the book and told my insurance straight away. Settled the damage cost without going through insurance in the end but i've still got a non faulter that I have to declare for five years to be legal..

Still think there taking the piss with their admin fees etc, £180 for a month!! :jaw-dropping

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your right I won't see a penny mate, I'll send a nasty email and tell as many as I can tbh, if I stop one person going with em I'll feel better

1 - 13 of 13 Posts