BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
E83 3.0 X3 2004
147 Posts
So we are expected to put our vehicles under the control of someone in a totally seperate vehicle? Going by how some people drive i think ill stick to driving myself, after all its why i brought my car.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
And when the lead driver disconnects the system and turns off without telling any one lol, how long will it take to hibernate the laptop, fold the newspaper and put the coffee down for the new lead?

Why do we always seek to de-skill people............

And then "they" moan people have no common sense, don't take responsibility for their own actions and have no idea how to do risk assessment lol

I want:
  • A throttle cable so the thing opens when I want and when I lift off it closes, the engine management can go ahead and flood it if it has other ideas
  • An ignition key that turns a high current mechanical switch so I can turn the engine off when I like, for example if throttle sticks, not a soft on and soft off button that knows best
  • A manual gearbox, or even an auto, that respects my right to select neutral whenever I want or even wrong slot to blow the engine if I choose
  • To be able to select reverse and plant it when still going forward if all else fails
  • Not to get into someone else's car put it in neutral and have it tell me to depress the clutch before it will start - IT's IN NEUTRAL ARRRGGGGG

Reactions: Rob330Cd

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
surely the british way is better. one police car in front drives 10-15 miles per hour slower on the motorway than the 70 limit and then within seconds there are 3 lanes of 'trains' behind the lead car running at speeds from 20 miles below the limit to zero some miles back

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
surely the british way is better. one police car in front drives 10-15 miles per hour slower on the motorway than the 70 limit and then within seconds there are 3 lanes of 'trains' behind the lead car running at speeds from 20 miles below the limit to zero some miles back
Not me i try and creep past at 70+ ish then go faster :hihi but I see your point :frown

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,008 Posts
Awesome,

If I was lead car I'd swerve and speed up and slow down and look in the mirrors at the rest of the train copying.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
speed up, slow down, slam on for imaginary dog etc. got to be at least one of the cars behind running Amstrad system that will either fail or just crash randomly anyway.

as to who thinks it up, some idiot with a large budget to help us save fuel etc etc.

Hang on a sec, there is something like this in use already, I think it is called a train. Maybe if they spent less on stupid ideas and more on reconnecting the staions and lines they killed off in beeching times along with upgrading the stock (as every government promises only to see a half hearted attempt in one region rather than everywhere) then a public service would emerge worth having. But as long as the private sector runs the railway and plunders the profits for shareholders it is never likely to happen

Reactions: Rob330Cd

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
speed up, slow down, slam on for imaginary dog etc. got to be at least one of the cars behind running Amstrad system that will either fail or just crash randomly anyway.

as to who thinks it up, some idiot with a large budget to help us save fuel etc etc.

Hang on a sec, there is something like this in use already, I think it is called a train. Maybe if they spent less on stupid ideas and more on reconnecting the staions and lines they killed off in beeching times along with upgrading the stock (as every government promises only to see a half hearted attempt in one region rather than everywhere) then a public service would emerge worth having. But as long as the private sector runs the railway and plunders the profits for shareholders it is never likely to happen
I wouldn't give the trains to the government but I would lift all the the rules meaning that the franchisees are willing to put their hand in their pocket to improve the facilities. Even though it supposedly private, it's still the government screwing it all up with their lack of commitment to successful operators such as Mr Branson, he runs a successful line and what the government do, take it off him of course and give it to someone else because of the monopoly laws. No wonder the private sector is unwilling to invest heavily as there are no guarantees that they'll still have the contract if they are too good at doing what they do...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts