BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I own an F10 with halogen headlights which are pretty poor as performance. I am looking to upgrade to Full LED headlights, but the OEM are almost impossible to retrofit, and the prices are not low. I found plug&play Chinese FULL Led headlights. Does anybody have any experience and review of these options? I am searching Alibaba, and there are tons of companies offering these products.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought myself LED headlights on the recommendation of a friend on this site ukled.co.uk. But I immediately say that I purchased for average prices because there is no point in buying too cheap things. They are still inferior in quality. But there is still such a thing as an overpayment for the brand and so on. Therefore, you need to buy stuff at an average price, not very cheap but not very expensive. You need to know the golden mean. So far, I'm not complaining. My headlights work perfectly on my car. But time will tell. I can't say one hundred percent that everything is fine. Only a year later, I can say for sure about these LED headlights.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Having fitted some LED on a previous car I would advise avoiding them and fitting uprated halogens like night breaker extremes or similar.

the LED ones looked bright but they suffered scatter and very poor range to the point of being dangerous. I was literally only really seeing 20ft in front of me at night.
The lamp housings are not designed for LED bulbs they are designed for how a halogen bulb emits it’s light which is very different to LED. Hence the reason why they have been made illegal in the UK and are a straight MOT failure if the tester checked properly.

but each to their own and if you are going to do it go with the expensive ones from well known manufacturers Philips etc, and not the cheap Chinese rubbish.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you’re going down the route of bulbs not marked for use anyway, like for example how you suggested LED, I would just get a set of HID bulbs. Filament is in the exact place where you need it and will look like OEM xenon lights. 4300k for same as OEM look and optimal amount of brightness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts