BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Current issues

My car is still deadlocked no doors or windows will open, clown light is intermittently flashing, steering wheel + gearbox is locked.
The battery is fine no issues.
All the fuses are fine to.

Whenever I try to unlock the car with the key fob I hear a clunk sound from the the driverside coming from under the bonnet. I can't use the key to manually open the door.

When I try to start the car:
Car Vehicle Gauge Speedometer Automotive design

Update: Had a mechanic check the car over there saying it could be a CAS or DME issue.
The reason being no lights are on dash or start button, car won't unlock even with manual key.
I'm not sure how this would happen when the car was just parked and never had any issues before.

UPDATE 2: Posted at #16, summary: The deadlock is gone, dash lights are on and car tries starting.

RESOLVED: See #18 Thank you everyone for pitching in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I believe the issue has been figured out I have spoken to someone about this and they say because the car was stolen the DME and key has lost the programming so needs to be reconfigured in order to bring back function.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure what you mean by in theft mode?
Car was stolen window was broken so everything is locked such as doors, windows, steering wheel.
Nothing is starting and window lock can't be turned off either.
Automotive lighting Automotive design Personal luxury car Vehicle Gadget

The car security system is not allowing anything to work and from what I've been told will need to reset the key and ECU to disengage the theft alarm.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Found this via google on the 'Fixya' site .. "stick the key in the ignition, turn it to the on position, remove it within 5 seconds, then hold the unlock button down and press the lock button 3 times within 10 seconds and release both buttons. The doors should lock/unlock to give you confirmation and your key should work."

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found this via google on the 'Fixya' site .. "stick the key in the ignition, turn it to the on position, remove it within 5 seconds, then hold the unlock button down and press the lock button 3 times within 10 seconds and release both buttons. The doors should lock/unlock to give you confirmation and your key should work."
I tried this unfortunately no joy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: Had a mechanic check the car over there saying it could be a CAS or DME issue.
The reason being no lights are on dash or start button, car won't unlock even with manual key. Can't use a diagnostic machine on the car.
I'm not sure how this would happen when the car was just parked and never had any issues before.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not sure how this would happen when the car was just parked and never had any issues before. ????.
You said it was stolen ????.
Yes it was taken on a recovery truck but other than interior trim, radio and climate control being taken which I replaced nothing else was damaged or taken. The parts were taken off very carefully by a professional so none of the cables were damaged.
Like I said I checked all the other main parts like CAS, DME battery, fusebox etc... They've all not been touched.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had another mechanic check the car, he opened up the CAS system and hooked up his own CAS with key, start/stop and ignition switch.
The car dash lights turned on he checked my car keys and said they were syned. He was able to unlock the car doors and turn off the deadlock.

After connecting his own CAS module only he managed to get the car to turnover but said it wouldn't start without the right CAS as he said mine was faulty.

The mechanic said someone has tried to put a password in my CAS said something about trying 7, than 3 and 1 which has caused it to lock out. He than took my CAS module and key and said he will try to fix the module but said it's a 2019 CAS module it will be difficult.

I asked what if I just buy a EWS/CAS + DME + Key and programme it to my car he said this wouldn't work as it's an Automatic so will need to replace the full gearbox for the car to run. I find having to change the full gearbox ridiculous for just a CAS problem.

The harness he used to check:

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Trunk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fault has been fixed, he repaired the CAS module I believe reprogrammed it and said that the module inside the key was replaced or maybe just reprogrammed as he said there was only one opportunity to get it right.
The car started first time as soon as he put the key and the fault codes showed the following issues.
Computer Laptop Personal computer Touchpad Netbook

All were resolved the Mass Air flow sensor just needed a good ole fashioned blowjob like a NES cartridge and it started functioning again.

Overall cost was £300 + NoVAT

1 - 20 of 20 Posts