BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

On your DPF have you

• Total voters
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got a dpf particle filter replacement warning and I checked the soot (0%) and ash (62g) . I removed it and did the power wash and chemical clean which made no difference when I refitted it.I have just bought a new autel scan tool as I picked up a new DPF to fit . I said I’d try another forced regen and it made no difference so I saw it allowed you to set a new fitted DPF.i set that before I fitted the new one as it shows in the code that my warning looked like a 250,000km flag regardless of condition.
warnings now gone, and no soot or ash so maybe I can return the new DPF

anyone any insight or experience with these

cheers
zaga

·
Registered
16 Posts
So i got a dpf particle filter replacement warning and I checked the soot (0%) and ash (62g) . I removed it and did the power wash and chemical clean which made no difference when I refitted it.I have just bought a new autel scan tool as I picked up a new DPF to fit . I said I’d try another forced regen and it made no difference so I saw it allowed you to set a new fitted DPF.i set that before I fitted the new one as it shows in the code that my warning looked like a 250,000km flag regardless of condition.
warnings now gone, and no soot or ash so maybe I can return the new DPF

anyone any insight or experience with these

cheers
zaga
I have a 2008 535D M sport
I had reduced power due to dpf being blocked I completely removed dpf cleaned and refitted without any coding or other nuisance appearing.

Cleared problem and drives superb as a note once I had jet washed etc.. I left to soak in coka cola for beat part of 8 hours jet washed again then left overnight to dry thoroughly with a hot air fan .

I have an autel ms908 love it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts