BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, as the title says, I've been thinking about a remap,
I've heard not only do you gain an extra 20bhp but much better mpg, i think it runs at 187 bhp at the moment and have been told that the extra 20 bhp makes a hell of a difference, I've also heard the extra power can put strain on the head,
What's your thoughts? Has anyone here done it? Is it worth spending the £250
I don't want to do it if it's going to damage the engine.

Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi guys, as the title says, I've been thinking about a remap,
I've heard not only do you gain an extra 20bhp but much better mpg, i think it runs at 187 bhp at the moment and have been told that the extra 20 bhp makes a hell of a difference, I've also heard the extra power can put strain on the head,
What's your thoughts? Has anyone here done it? Is it worth spending the £250
I don't want to do it if it's going to damage the engine.

Thanks
I really wouldn’t worry about an increase of about 20hp causing problems, the issues you usually get are with gearbox/turbo/dpf but any good tuner will do a health check on the car prior to any tuning.
I had a seat Ibiza that was running 200-210bhp up from 140 and only issue I had was the clutch struggled and it caused the dpf to regenerate more often due to increased back pressure but other than that the car ran like a dream.
Stick to a good tuning company and I would say you’d be completely fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Did you manage to get your car remapped? If you who did you choose and are you satisfied with the out come

Many thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts