BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I own a late 1998 E36 318i Touring that turns out to have the same ABS/ASC pump module as fitted to the E46, at least the earlier models - hence me posting here. It's been showing codes for faulty wheel speed sensor continuity, voltage and also faulty ABS pump. Local specilaist have charged me for new sensor, charged to investigate the cable to the controller and concluded it's the pump. Still not fixed. :mad

Having googled the hell out of it for the last few weeks, I decided the best option was to just buy an identical 2nd hand unit off ebay and refit the controller. However, I know that these need recoding to your car.

Anyone got experience of doing this or know how exactly to go about it? I have a Creator C310 code reader but I'm pretty sure it's not up to that kind of job.

·
Premium Member
4,567 Posts
The Creator C310 code reader is certainly not up to this job. You need the BMW EDIABAS software suite installed on a laptop. One of the programs inside this is called WinkFP which is for coding modules. The coding process itself is quick and easy to do.

You can get this software suite and OBD cable from ebay, although you have an e36 and this might have the older 'round' obd connector port.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's really helpful. Luckily I have the 20 pin connector already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts