BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear part of the car seems to be a bit lower than the front.

Is there anyway to figure out if this is because of failing shocks, or springs? or something else?

How do I find the replacement parts for it?

For my Camaro I installed bilstein shocks and Moog coil springs. But not sure how to find the part numbers for the coil spring, and the shocks for this car.
Is there anything else that makes sense to change while changing rear shocks and springs?

It is a 320ci convertible, with VIN : WBABS11080JX71725

·
Registered
434 Posts
Failed shocks won't make the car lower. How high is it from the bottom of the rim to the wheel arch? What size tyres?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Put the last 7 of the VIN into this site and you will be able to find every part number you could ever want.
Then what i do is put the number into google soon find what i need.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Front usually looks higher on E46.
Measure both axles from the bottom of the rim to the wheel arch and post here. What size are the wheels?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
If your front shocks or springs are bad. Your car feels very strange and make noises when turning, riding over speed bumps etc....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Front usually looks higher on E46.
Measure both axles from the bottom of the rim to the wheel arch and post here. What size are the wheels?
Tire size 245/40 R17 are the tires on this car.

61cm Rear (Ground to wheel arch), 65cm front

If your front shocks or springs are bad. Your car feels very strange and make noises when turning, riding over speed bumps etc....
That is really hard to tell, I live on top of a hill, and it gets really cold here in winter, so roads are pretty bumpy. My model 3 also makes a lot of noise driving over these roads.

But the only noticeable noise is from the drive belt I think, it squeaks sometimes. So it is really hard to notice any other noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts