BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

Could you please advise me on yet another issue in my E31?

The black bracket/window guide got detached from the rear side window:

I have attempted to push it back with some force but it just gets detached every time I lower the window now.

Based on RealOEM, the rear side window and bracket is considered one part:

I assume that I need to reattach it with some bad-ass glue and let it cure (probably what BMW did?). Obviously, clean and denaturate surfaces beforehand.

Does this sound reasonable? If not, can you please propose some other way?
If it does, then can you please advise an adequate glue for this application?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That sounds about right, Steffen on .com site had this i believe, but i can't find the post. Was looking to see what he used.
The bad ass glue would probably need to be sikaflex or similar.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello guys,

Could you please advise me on yet another issue in my E31?

The black bracket/window guide got detached from the rear side window:
View attachment 274798

I have attempted to push it back with some force but it just gets detached every time I lower the window now.

Based on RealOEM, the rear side window and bracket is considered one part:

View attachment 274804

I assume that I need to reattach it with some bad-ass glue and let it cure (probably what BMW did?). Obviously, clean and denaturate surfaces beforehand.

Does this sound reasonable? If not, can you please propose some other way?
If it does, then can you please advise an adequate glue for this application?

Thanks a lot!
Hi mate did you get this fixed? Got exactly the same issue but the window guide has fell inside so I can’t even attach it back on, need to find a way to get it back out but there’s limited access, wondering what glue you used and if it’s DIY. Cheers

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi mate did you get this fixed? Got exactly the same issue but the window guide has fell inside so I can’t even attach it back on, need to find a way to get it back out but there’s limited access, wondering what glue you used and if it’s DIY. Cheers
I ended up using Permabond® TA4246. Some toxic s**t that is... Probably overkill but I am in "adventurous" mode with my E31 anyway.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago, posted about it on here, and someone recommended RTV.
When i took the bracket off to clean it, it seemed BMW also had used some sort silicone glue. So i used RTV and didnt open the window for a week or so, and it worked like a charm, its in there solid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts