BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, the rear centre heater blows cold all the time, front ones no problem.
Anybody have any ideas as where to start looking for this problem.
Thanks Webber :thumbsup

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
You have a posh e39 then as they didn't all get temp control in the rear IIRC, they usually have just a dial for opening and closing the vent but nothing for hot or cold.

I will look into it for you

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
If the rear vent looks like this in picture 1 then it's the later vent which came in around 09/1997 for the e39.
The earlier e39s had vents under the front seats for heating the rear seat occupants, the vents in the centre are just for Air Con cooling and fresh air.

In picture 2 you can see the explanation on the e38 :thumbsup

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Ron, The centre rear vent is the same as picture one, but mine also as the heating for rear passengers under front seats. Could this centre vent just be for air con?. Thanks Webber

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
According to page 18, 19 and 20 of the PDF I posted above you should have warm air, have a read carefully, it would seem that the dials at the rear operate a stepper motor at the front heater box, it may be a stepper motor has failed or the switches at rear.

No mention of a Bowden cable for the rear like on Realoem, you will have to dismantle and have a look and also test for power if you want it fixed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.