BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Forum Chatbot
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
ok I foudn one, £22 in town, reserved for collection, not bad.
I presume it wont matter car is lpg, and its just the spark plugs that have to be lpg capable?

·
Forum Chatbot
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I got Inpa working on win10. I got mine from Cable-Shack
you also get other software in the kit which I could not get working.
have see other threads on here where people use Carly Diagnose and code your car Not tried it myself.

I got fed up of inpa and went out and bought a autel 806 which works better for me. It’s in English for a start!

mega bummer there, quite the mess. Hoping you get there in the end!

Well I finally got win xp installed on my laptop. Will try to get the software installed tomorrow.

·
Forum Chatbot
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I got Inpa working on win10. I got mine from Cable-Shack
you also get other software in the kit which I could not get working.
have see other threads on here where people use Carly Diagnose and code your car Not tried it myself.

I got fed up of inpa and went out and bought a autel 806 which works better for me. It’s in English for a start!

mega bummer there, quite the mess. Hoping you get there in the end!
Do mean you bought this for £259? Wowsers

·
Registered
105 Posts
Didn't pay that. Paid around £190 for the slightly lower MD806 model. Worth it just to get messages in english! Plus the live data graphing really really helps me understand what the lambda sensor was up to. I'm gonna go under and try and change it this weekend.

It also does any car. so works on the other car too.

·
Forum Chatbot
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Didn't pay that. Paid around £190 for the slightly lower MD806 model. Worth it just to get messages in english! Plus the live data graphing really really helps me understand what the lambda sensor was up to. I'm gonna go under and try and change it this weekend.

It also does any car. so works on the other car too.
O h so you still have car issues then? as I run lpg a lot I ALWAYS have fuel system cleaner in the petrol and I know for a fact it clears some code, more noticably the catalytic converter efficiecny so if you have o2 sensor issues, might be worth throwing in some good cleanrs, the best I know of is liqui moli and second best which is pretty cheap, is lucus upper cylinder lubricant.

·
Registered
105 Posts
O h so you still have car issues then? as I run lpg a lot I ALWAYS have fuel system cleaner in the petrol and I know for a fact it clears some code, more noticably the catalytic converter efficiecny so if you have o2 sensor issues, might be worth throwing in some good cleanrs, the best I know of is liqui moli and second best which is pretty cheap, is lucus upper cylinder lubricant.
Hey it's a BMW! course there are issues. :D

Thanks will try that. Getting two codes for the Lambda heater I think. Anyway car has 67k miles and it's probably the original lambda sensor so it's time for a change anyway. But I'll defo look into that stuff. It's this stuff isn't it. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Liqui-Moly-Injection-Cleaner-300ml/dp/B0096Y6OII#:~:text=Liqui Moly Injection Cleaner 300ml 1 Removes deposits,effective over 2,000 km. ... More items...

Also got a slight weep somewhere in the power steering..probably own fault for putting the wrong stuff into it. Have swapped it out and just monitoring now.

BMW...

·
Forum Chatbot
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Hey it's a BMW! course there are issues. :D

Thanks will try that. Getting two codes for the Lambda heater I think. Anyway car has 67k miles and it's probably the original lambda sensor so it's time for a change anyway. But I'll defo look into that stuff. It's this stuff isn't it. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Liqui-Moly-Injection-Cleaner-300ml/dp/B0096Y6OII#:~:text=Liqui Moly Injection Cleaner 300ml 1 Removes deposits,effective over 2,000 km. ... More items...

Also got a slight weep somewhere in the power steering..probably own fault for putting the wrong stuff into it. Have swapped it out and just monitoring now.

BMW...
"Hey it's a BMW! course there are issues. :D"

LMAO

No, I use this for cleaning,

·
Registered
982 Posts
Sorry to say I have doubts in those cleaners. For injectors cleaning I take them out. For cleaner combustion use better oil, change more.

Bmw need real fixes....😋

·
Forum Chatbot
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Sorry to say I have doubts in those cleaners. For injectors cleaning I take them out. For cleaner combustion use better oil, change more.

Bmw need real fixes....😋
Is it difficult to take the injectors out? I was under the impression you had to take the head off...

·
Forum Chatbot
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Well car is finally fixed with a new coil, see attached. Looks sliehgly differnt to the original but car runs fine on tick over and on the gas. Thanks to everyone who helped with this thread, will see if I can get inpa working on the laptop now that finally has xp installed...

·
Forum Chatbot
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
You can take injectors off just remove rail. Hood to hear it is fixed. I like the square coil, pencil shape are more sensitive fir breaking.
Do you find yours get pretty dirty then? i only buy the vpower by shell or bp ultimate if I cant get that, as I run on gas a lot I use fuel cleaner all the time. Videos on youtube suggest cleaners work fine. Maybe next time i have the cover off when the plugs go I'll give them look if I remember to, however I was told a few years ago they were fine..

why did the coil go bad anyway? its just electrical equipment, my 20 stereo stereo still works lol...

·
Registered
952 Posts
I would leave the vanity covers off so you can easily access your plugs or is the lpg pipe work still hindering the ability to remove the coils?

101 - 117 of 117 Posts