BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today has been booked in for sometime now, just so happens it fell the same time as the other VXR8 I did.

It was booked in for a protection detail plus engine bay and interior using Dodo juice products.

On first arrival the car looked in pretty good shape this morning at 9:30

Befores:

Firstly the wheels were soaked in AS Smart wheels and the tyres and arches cleaned using g101, while the smart wheels was left to soak I sprayed the engine bay with some virasol via 5 ltr pump sprayer.

Before:

Afters:

I then went back and cleaned the wheels using a EZ detail brush and some swissvax style brushes.

Next up was all the door/boot shuts with again swissvax style brush and some g101 and then rinsed with the kranzle.

The car was then pre-soaked in some citrus de-greaser

Then left for 2 mins before rinsing.

Next up was some ssf through new autobrite lance

This was left for 5 mins then rinsed.

Then washed using 2bm a Z sponge and some b2bm shampoo, then rinsed using DI Vessel and open ended hose.

Now to see the defects as the sun was out shining nice and bright. :doublesho

Some pretty heavy swirling and marring, this was only in for a protection no correction but still needed to reduce these buggers.

Out with the pc and some menz FF on a megs finishing pad.

Not bad for a quick pass

The whole car polished using this method then followed up using LP lite via foam applicator panel at a time and buffed.

The car was then given its first coat of Dodo Purple haze and left to cure for 30 mins while I polished the exhausts and dressed the tyres and arches.

This was then buffed off and then I dressed all the plastics with some black wow.

Now Coffee time :D and then dressing the engine bay with plastic and rubber dressing.

I then cleaned the exterio windows using megs glass cleaner and my glass cloths :thumb:

Now a couple of hrs had passed so I could still another coat of purple haze on and then left for 20 mins and buffed.

Heres the exterior/engine bay finished just got the interior to do in the morning and then seal it with some Dodo red mist.

Now for some befores:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Total time taken was 7 hrs

All comments welcome as usual.

Paul​

·
Registered
210 Posts