BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi people just thought i would post some pics up of my old e30 i built a few years. just to give you some back round i used to have a bodyshop which sold on then i was a mechanical and sprayer instructor at a college. then i went back in to the real world because i missed the REAL work to much.

right the car .......bit of a story with the old girl.when i first got the keys for it back in 2003 i sold it a few weeks later and did not see it untill a few years later looking very sorry for its self.it and was a bloody mess, so 1 day and £400 pound later here it was
[/IMG]

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
every panel was realy shot so what i done next was very bad !!!! i got a 1 owner 1988 4 door 325i se from a bloke out of the local paper 250 i thought you cant go wrong mot and taxed drive a way !!!!!! got there to look at it bloody mint !!!! so i broke it for parts for mine !!! boot bonnet sun roof dash trim all good apart from doors !!
my students striped the doner car for me, they well loved it getting involved in my project

best bit was the sport alloys it had on it was bloody like new .....they sold on ebay for 250 so free car !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i knew i was gonna put 18" alpina replicas on it with a 80mm drop so rubbing i did not want . so what i started doing was flairing front wings to a more or less metal finish. these flaired out a extra 6mm and at a slightly different angle. i done these while on the doner car shell....makes it easy to do reather then on bench to get shape and then off to seal them propaly

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Looks good. What college? Suffolk (Ipswich)?
yea ipswich was there for nealy 3 years then packed it in, got slaged off by arse hole old instructors who dont know modern motors and for doing stuff like this with them ......but im not gonna go in to it !!!!! it gets my blood boiling !!!!:mad:timebomb

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
right back to car !! started to blend in rear panel and striped down to rolling shell because i was trailer-ing to my workshop to work on it then takeing it back home because of some fellow staff moaning about me keeping it in my workshop !!!!! say no more hay !! nice lot to work with !!!!!:mad

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
after all the rubbing down i took it down to workshop i was doing some work for so i could start etching and putting on some high build. i just wanted to get the rear arches sorted so clearance for wheels was all good. i did strech them out but i done it so you could not tell !!! wantend to keep the oem look !!!!:cool

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
next step was to prep panels, i painted these in primer at the college with my students during a lesson on panel prepping. ofter a quick bake in oven i demo-ed rubbing down and prepping

sorry cant fing my other pics with them preped

1 - 20 of 79 Posts