BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi people new thread im starting on my e46 320cd. few months back a lady drove in to the side and damaged the n/s/r rear quater panel and bent my rear arm and damaged the alloys. this damage to the axle put the dsc,abs and tyre inflation warning light on. the total insurance repair cost was £2900 but i settled for cash in lue due to me being a body repairer. what i am going to do is show pics through the repairs.
also i have just got some e46 m3 kiwi lime seats (this goes brill with a jet black coupe i think:cool) and door cards for the bargain price of £350. the seats are in good nick, but i would like them to be mint so i am gonna go through a few leather repairs and fitting and wireing them in.:hihi

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the first up grade i did was some bosch flat blade wipers...good price on trade at euro car parts ....

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
started to clean the seats tonight so i can start to crack fill them....there is hardly any but im so fussy !!! for some reason the colour dont look right on the photo ???:confused

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got my 3m di-noc wrap through to day. turned up very quick !!!! so soon as i got home tonight i started wraping. this is so not easy took me 2 hours to do 4 grab handles !!! the only advice i can give realy to anyone is just play with it and dont be shy to heat it right up with a hairdryer, its the only way to get it to mould to complex curves. this was the first time i have ever done this so these are the results form start to finish.............................

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
loving the carbon trim mate looks very professional were did you get the wrap from?

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Great job so far, they look so much better carbon wrapped and nice to see you're using all the available floor space :hihi :thumbsup

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
right started to spray the leather tonight and fit some of it, the back seats had no marks on them just sun damaged and you would be supprised how much kiwi lime fades in the sun. you can see where seat belts was and head rests, the back of them was yellow !!!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you can just make out the darker patches but the camera would not pick it up in this light

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
these bits are now done and painted just to freshin up !!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
these are a bit better you can see the sun bleaching better

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the left side is bare and the right side is condishioned with leather care....you can see the difference after painting, you need to put the moisture back in

1 - 20 of 87 Posts