BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a quote for £341 for luxury care policy from warranty direct for a 525d se 54 plate. This is for value of car and unlimited claims but has 90 day exc wear and tear.

tesco cover is standard 321 but covers only 1500/3000 per claim and includes wear/tear. Tesco finest is best but won't cover as mileage is 65k.
Anyone any experience with WARRANTY DIRECT..do they pay up?

Adam

·
Registered
11 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't bother Adam. I've heard crap stories about them, especially when it comes down to claiming. The wear and tear has some big clauses...especially when they think a fan or motor is classified as such. Dealer warranty is a better choice if you have been offered an extension :thumbsup

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do have wear and tear included after 90 days, unlike AA who don't cover it.
I don't have an option with BMW approved as its out of warranty and at a non-bmw dealer where i have bought from. They offered more expensive warranties. The luxury care is next best to bmw warranty.

Tesco finest is better but won't cover as its over 60k miles.
Any other warranties....BMW only retail cars upt o 60k with APR used.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Adam

Not sure about warranty direct but we have had several cars for the AA, who I dont think have paid out on any we have repaired, most have been head gaskets, which the customer as to pay the labour costs involved before the problem can be diagnosed. We still have a 02 Passat, with a repair bill outstanding of £1,000, we have had it 7 months the customer wont pay, the warranty company wont pay and the HP Company Welcome Car Finance wont pay lol. Seriuosly considering stripping the car down taking out the bearings, keeping the cylinder head and cambelt etc, putting all the rest of the bits into a box and leaving it outside for Welcome to collect. So really I have huge doubts about warranties lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And i thought AA was good, they have a breakdown repair costs option add on to road rescue which costs £69 and covers 500 cliams limit up to 5 times.
However the warranty(FULL) is about 350-450 and does not cover wear/tear which is what most breakdowns are about..

Only warranty direct/tesco cover wear/tear ith WD having 90 days and tesco from day one...so tesco is best if you can get finest cover for below 6yr/6ok miles car.

heard some bad storesi about WD...they rang me up and gave me the top care warranty even though my car doesn't qualify for it...5k miles over. Tesco wouldn't budge and only offered std as per guidelines.... So who do u trust?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.