BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol
Just gave my local tyre place up and asked how much for 2 sets of 225/35/19 and 2 sets of 215/35/19

yes sir can i ask what car this is for?
Its a E36 328i vert...
Are you sure thats the size you need?
YES
Well they dont make tyres for your car in that size, we can offer you 16" or 17" maximum
Yes there aftermarket alloys and there 19"
Ok, are they run flats?
No
We can only offer run flats in that size
???? well i dont need runflats....
Ok ill check with my boss..
Waited 10mins.............
Sorry sir we can only offer you run flats and the price for each tyre is £290 BUT Its including fitting
I just want normal tyres, does it matter what car its for? can i just have a price for the tyres i asked for please???
yes no problem...
Waited for another 5 minutes.....
£86.66 each for budget tyres
THANK YOU :thumbsup

How hard is it sometimes to just get a quote :hihi wont be doing that anyway as iv found them for £50 a tyre and there exactly the same.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
Bloody retards... :rofl

probably preaching to the converted but camskill.co.uk are amongst the cheapest I've seen mate :thumbsup

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it did make me laugh, was woundering who let this numbnut answer the phone :hihi
yeh iv just ordered my tyres from camskill mate so all good :thumbsup

·
Registered
479 Posts
Very strange, I've never been asked "for what car" when booking my car in for tyres before, give them the sizes over the fone and that should be it:confused

I've recently converted to Camskill, really surprising how much money can be saved even with delivery over here:cool

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
Very strange, I've never been asked "for what car" when booking my car in for tyres before, give them the sizes over the fone and that should be it:confused

I've recently converted to Camskill, really surprising how much money can be saved even with delivery over here:cool
It's probably because when you tell 'em it's a BMW they can then add a bit more to the price :hihi

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mammoth Camskills Saga!

I was looking for tyres to change out the summer tyres on the X5 for something with a wee bit more aggresive tread pattern for the snow and called Camskills about some cheap non run flats they had. Was told how my suspension is "Different to other X5s as its beefier to cope with the stiffer run flats! Need to fit run flats sir!" "Eh, NO, I've checked with BMW and theyve sent me an email telling me that its not a problem fitting non run flats and they have no warranty issues with me doing it!" "No sir BMW tell US that we can't supply non run flats as having the softer side walls will damage the suspension as its harder to cope with run flat tyres!" "Well can you explain why they've put it in an email to me that its ok?" " No sir I can't but you can't have those tyres!" "OK" 10 minutes later order completed online!!! :lol

Surely to GOD if the suspension IS stiffer (local dealer said it was nonsense) then fitting a tyre that's going to put LESS stress on it by flexing a bit more is going to benefit the car?? I mean ffs how much dross can one Cumbrian speak??? :hihi

One of the tyres was damaged when we went to fit it so called them back and was told because I'd tried to fit it then it would have to go for inspection (6 weeks) and I'd have to buy another. "How can you tell if it's damaged until you TRY to fit it and it wont go on the rim?" "Doesnt matter you've attempted to fit it! It needs to be inspected!" "Ok can I order another tyre then while I'm here?" "No sir you have to go online to do that!" Goes and orders the tyre, it arrives and falls straight on the rim with no hassle at all. Other tyre goes back for inspection. 17 Dec I get a call asking about the "green form" "What green form?" "The green form you need to fill out for the inspection claim" "Nobody told me about any green form!" "Ok I need to get the green form posted out to you since you've run the tyre" "Eh excuse me but Ive never run the tyre. It wouldnt stay on the rim!" "Oh. I understood it came of the rim?" "No it never WENT ON the rim!" "Ok, I'll call you back" *Waits* "ok sir since it was never fitted then I don't need the green form and I'll do you a refund then!" 28th Dec still no refund on the card. Calls. "Oh sorry sir we forgot. I'll do it right now for you."

Thus endeth my first mammoth and probably last dealings with Camskills!!:eek

1 - 11 of 11 Posts