BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys. I'm picking up a new/used 335i next month. I am led to believe that if I have my car serviced at a non BMW garage, this will not void the warranty as long as they use genuine BMW parts? I was under the impression this was owing to EU legislation?

·
Banned
31 Posts
Spot on mate but you don't have to use genuine parts, you can even service it yourself!

That said you are on sticky ground when someting goes wrong and you want a to claim.

Whacky

·
Registered
11 Posts
Spot on mate but you don't have to use genuine parts, you can even service it yourself!

That said you are on sticky ground when someting goes wrong and you want a to claim.

Whacky
Not neccessarily correct. You can take the car to a BMW approved garage and still keep the warranty intact....I used to work for one. You also void your warranty if you use aftermarket parts.

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Not neccessarily correct. You can take the car to a BMW approved garage and still keep the warranty intact....I used to work for one. You also void your warranty if you use aftermarket parts.
Bingo

If you dont take it to an authorised/approved BMW garage.. the warranty is voided.

As it is if you use non BMW parts...

They will do anything they can to get out of warranty claims as well from what I have been told...

·
Registered
401 Posts
its just a way for bmw to make a few more quid out of you after youve brought the car, it also protects the name aswell as all cars in theory should be serviced using only bmw parts thus keeping the build quality high and the heritage of the name even higher, expensive but justified in the long run

·
Registered
211 Posts
In October 2003 European Union legislation, 'Block Exemption Regulations 1400/2002' (BER) came into force. This means that independent repairers can carry out normal maintenance and repair services during a vehicle's warranty period without invalidating the warranty conditions provided that:

• the service is carried out in accordance with the manufacturer's servicing schedules and is recorded as such.
  • any parts used that are the manufacturer's genuine parts and are recorded as such.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.