BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Not based in Sheffield is it? If so, its been sold, as its now on my drive.

If it comes with service history, tax, mot and a few decent pictures then I would go look at it. Otherwise it really isnt worth wasting fuel over.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it will get 12 month mot but no tax. but considering that this car would then be moded nd a different engine droped in with time. is it worth it? in my eyes, the very important factor is how good of a condition the body is in.
any more opinions please?
and no its not from sheffield, its manchester way.

·
Registered
210 Posts
how old is it? What do you want it for exactly? If you're going to change the engine, does it matter how far it's gone? can you not phone up and ask about the bodywork?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its 96 316 coupe. and this car will be with me till im 21 (3 years) so i will be changing the engine for a bigger 1, changin the suspension. basicly turning it into a drift car which is road legal ish hehehe
and i asked about the body work and he said it was gud nick but they always say that tbh.

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,428 Posts
i would check it out with your own eyes, you never know mate. You always have to spend a little to gain a lot, in this case spend fuel to find the car you like.

Can you not arrange to see it during the day? It may be harder to check bodywork in artificial light.... Good luck! Red!

·
Registered
77 Posts
worth a look

i had the same situ

318 coupe 1996 160,000 miles fsh upto 130k was up for 650

got it for 545 quite pleased

guy said body and engine was ok

i would say vgc i was expecting far worse

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I've seen a e36 318i (1.8i engine 8valve m43) with over 310,000 miles on it and still going fine, I saw inside the engine when the cam cover gasket was getting done and it was spotless, 180,000 miles will be no probs if the engine has been looked after :thumbsup

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

wooo! been to look at the car! gettin 250 for my civic 1.4 and payin 500 for the bmwer....the car is canny good state, underbody is nice and rust free, jst a few specks of rust on the arches and wer the trim joins but been told by a friend that its normal for the age.
shud pick it up on wednesday next week wen uni loan goes in and the car will have a 12 month MOT :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
316i se

hi guys av just got myself my first bmw 316i se .bought as a none runer .when try to start. it turns over as normal then slowes down then nurmal again witch it keeps doing .anyone have an idea on what it mite be ??

·
Registered
710 Posts
First port of call would be voltage in the battery.

Grab a multi and check it over.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts