BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I've had a quick smooch around and i have to say, i'm well pleased I found it, good site.
In the next couple of months I'm going to be buying an e46 M3. I need to do a bit of research into whether I want an SMG or manual and also a convertible or coupe, I'm hoping to find the answers I need here as well as things to look out for when buying an m3.

A bit about me... (for you that maybe care)
I'm Dan, 21 and live in Reading, Berkshire. I currently have a 1997 A4 1.8t which is my work horse that drags me to and from London for work daily. I also have a toy which the M3 is going to replace, its a Peugeot 205 1.9 gti with an Mi16 conversion, tuned up etc. which took me to the Nurburgring in October surprisingly enough. I now have the 'ring bug and i'm booked up for 2 trips next year in May and August already with a possibility of a third/fourth. This is where the M3 comes in.
I previously owned an e36 328i sport which I sold due to not wanting to rack loads of miles up on it when using it for work, boy did I regret selling that for something FWD, zzz... It was a great car and gave me an extremly high opinion of BMW's. My uncles had BMW's for ages, starting in the lower ranks up to his current M6 via a very nice Estoril Blue/Champagne Leather e46 M3 individual. I've wanted one ever since.

Anyway, hope I haven't totally bored you and look forward to getting some much valued knowledge and insights into these cars.

Regards

Dan

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Hi Dan(Baskie) and welcome to Bimmerforums UK, good to have you with us and glad you like the place :thumbsup

If it was me I would go for the manual as it's a drivers car and there's less to go wrong :hihi it's a great choice in car it must be said :thumbsup

As for Coupe or Vert :confused.....hmmmm, not sure what I would choose, I presume the car is going to be garaged?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.