BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with water discharging from washer resoiver filling right side floor, I have taken carpets out and lifted drivers seat need to see where pipe run is routed from front along to the back and get access to find blockage or split or what ever is leaking

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have exposed more and checked a little further, the water leak is coming from front drivers side ( right hand drive ) at the top of the gearbox tunnel just above the foot rest, where the bunch - el. wiring harness drops down. this water comes in not when front wash is applied, but when rear wash is activated.? it pours in ? what is above this possition -- is there a pipe run here ? at this higher level, does the rear pipe pass over here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Hopefully this isn't too late for you. I had exactly the same issue on my E70. Issue on mine was that whenever I filled the reservoir up, it would, over a period of a day fill the driver footwell (without needing to activate the rear wiper wash).

I had to remove the driver side carpet, and centre console to get to the pipe. The carpet was totally soaked, and had to use a wet/dry vacuum and hairdryer to dry the car out!

A plastic corrugated pipe, black in colour is the culprit here. It seems to be routed to the back window from the firewall, behind the driver pedals, it then goes over the transmission tunnel to the passenger footwell and then to the rear of the car. The pipe is in the same harness as a wiring loom, so you'd need to separate it off. My problem was a pinhole in the pipe as it was going up over the transmission tunnel. I fixed it with a few layers of self-amalgamating tape. Removing the pipe to replace it would have taken me days, and this fix is good after a year.

Regards,
Rehan.

·
Super Moderator
3,565 Posts
The pipe is in the same harness as a wiring loom, so you'd need to separate it off. My problem was a pinhole in the pipe as it was going up over the transmission tunnel. I fixed it with a few layers of self-amalgamating tape. Removing the pipe to replace it would have taken me days, and this fix is good after a year.
Same genius design to hide washer hose inside the main wiring loom on F25.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had exactly the same on an e83 X3 3.0d manual, took it to a friend who does bodywork and he sorted it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts