BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone tell me why you don’t see privacy glass on the convertible but you do on the coupe
If film had to be fitted is there one that doesn’t have that horrible purple look inside
Thanks col

·
Forum Chatbot
3,063 Posts
Hi can anyone tell me why you don’t see privacy glass on the convertible but you do on the coupe
If film had to be fitted is there one that doesn’t have that horrible purple look inside
Thanks col

Because people who drive convertibles are a bunch of exhibitionists and thus the idea is a nonsense.. ;)

·
Registered
2013 BMW estoril blue f30 330d
225 Posts
Thanks col
Hello. Best thing is go down to a reputable tinting place and talk to them what you’d want and the shade of your tint, unless you’ll be doing it yourself?

·
Registered
4,686 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
It isn't fitted for a number of technical reasons I'm told but the nice man at BMW. It apparently causes interference with operation of the hard top roof, and the electronics incorporated therein. I asked because i wanted them to tint mine and they wouldn't...
They also said, if i went ahead i may face warrant issues if i had a problem..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It isn't fitted for a number of technical reasons I'm told but the nice man at BMW. It apparently causes interference with operation of the hard top roof, and the electronics incorporated therein. I asked because i wanted them to tint mine and they wouldn't...
They also said, if i went ahead i may face warrant issues if i had a problem..
Have you had any issues as I really will want it do on the one I’m going to get

1 - 7 of 7 Posts