BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered a set of coilovers off these guys..
http://www.lkperformancestyling.co.uk/product.php?ctn=konicoilovers&product=1150-5064

... over a month ago and after ringing them 4 times and being promised i would be got back to... i havent.

i rang them again yesterday they said that they're waiting for them to come over from holland! and i wouldnt be recieving them till the 1st of april! :mad

oh and on top of that... the price is going up... apparently?!

you can see the price that they are advertising on there website. they havent told me how much they're going up by but i dont care if its a tenner, its not the point.

they say its because the euro rates have changed... but surely the price i click on on the website should be the price that i pay?

do i fight this?

what you guys reckon?

livid!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hang on im confused?
Surely if you have ordered the item you should have paid for it already.

You pay the price thats on the site at the time it comes to pay (if you havent already).. otherwise its false advertisement under the Sale of Goods Act.. (1979 I think lol)..

Also when ordering them, did they state a time to be delivered?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yeah that doesn't sound right. Did they give you an ETA on delivery when ordered? As Mel said they can't just change the price if they feel like it especially if you've already paid. I would get back on the blower and find out what their game is and go elsewhere if they are messing you about theres plenty of other places that sell coil overs.

·
Banned
478 Posts
i ordered a set of coilovers off these guys..
http://www.lkperformancestyling.co.uk/product.php?ctn=konicoilovers&product=1150-5064

... over a month ago and after ringing them 4 times and being promised i would be got back to... i havent.

i rang them again yesterday they said that they're waiting for them to come over from holland! and i wouldnt be recieving them till the 1st of april! :mad

oh and on top of that... the price is going up... apparently?!

you can see the price that they are advertising on there website. they havent told me how much they're going up by but i dont care if its a tenner, its not the point.

they say its because the euro rates have changed... but surely the price i click on on the website should be the price that i pay?

do i fight this?

what you guys reckon?

livid!
Yes mate, The pound is weaker at the moment and has caused everything to go up! You may have noticed the petrol has gone up 4-5p that is because of the pound being so weak against the dollar and not because of the trade prices going up... Im afraid they are within their rights to rise the price because of this,
You could have a go at fighting this on the basis that you clicked the advertised price, and according to trading standard laws that is the price you pay, but im not sure if there is a loop hole by passing this, due to exchange rates...

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you have already paid they have no right in increasing the price. Because at the time you paid for the goods advertised at that price.

If you havent paid yet, they can put up the price, but if they dont change the prices on the site once you have paid the new amount, then they could be claimed against in relation to your loss for false advertising.

·
Banned
478 Posts
If you have already paid they have no right in increasing the price. Because at the time you paid for the goods advertised at that price.

If you havent paid yet, they can put up the price, but if they dont change the prices on the site once you have paid the new amount, then they could be claimed against in relation to your loss for false advertising.
Oh... If you've already paid for them, Then no it is'nt fair, contact trading standards immediately!

Threaten them with TS first!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies so far!

well ive given them all my bank details but they havent taken the money out yet... hmmmm. fair enough i havent had them yet and therfore i suppose havent bought them technically but thats not my problem... i would have had them the next day if possible! surely if you pick summit up in tesco's and it says a tenner and when you get to the check out the bloke says its £15 you'd have the right to pay what the sticker says?!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yes thats completely true about tescos.

But because you havent paid, technically a contract hasnt been made yet.
He could even turn round now and say your not having them, and would not be in breach of anything.

Unfortunately, because of the rates, he has a right to charge you more.

But if he does charge you more, and doesnt increase the price on the webpage, you can make a claim for false advertising :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice one! :thumbsup

·
Registered
69 Posts

well ive given them all my bank details but they havent taken the money out yet... hmmmm. fair enough i havent had them yet and therfore i suppose havent bought them technically but thats not my problem... i would have had them the next day if possible! surely if you pick summit up in tesco's and it says a tenner and when you get to the check out the bloke says its £15 you'd have the right to pay what the sticker says?!
Er no actually. Sorry. All contracts, including one between you and Tesco at the checkout till, are made up of an offer and an acceptance. Now most people would think that the offer is the price sticker and the acceptance is you going to the till and saying "here is my money, please sell XYZ to me". But it is not. The price sticker is something called "an invitation to treat" - this means it is an invitation for you to make the offer to buy - and it is then up to the seller to accept (or reject) your offer. Therefore if the price sticker is wrong, the seller can say "no thank you, not for sale at the price you have offered me".
Bit long winded but hopefully you get the idea; so next time you think you can force a shop to sell you something at the wrong price because the sticker is wrong - think again because you can't.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was actually answering his point about Tescos and whether they were obliged to sell at the lower price:).

Not sure it is much different electronically - there are still 3 stages - the advert is the "invitation to treat"; the order placed by the customer is the offer and the acknowledgement and acceptance of the order is the acceptance. If the last two stages have been completed then there is a contract to supply at a given price - whether he has paid yet or not is immaterial. So, the question is - does the OP have an order acknowledgement / acceptance from the supplier?

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts

Youve given them all your bank details??? wtf?!!!

What do you mean>? they have your debit card details?

If so, then it sounds to me like they are on a promise... (BSing you) at least they havent taken the money, but I would go elsewhere, I bought Koni from a place of this list (they are not there anymore!!) and they were superb. I had the dampers and springs in 2 days..

http://www.koni.uk.com/home/content/view/113/33/

Also, I dont see the company you list as being Koni suppliers?...

If its your bank card you could always ring the bank, say you have lost it, they cancel it so the company cant debit the money (as security code and valid to date changes)

then ring them and tell them theyve blown it and not to bother.

Then order direct from a Koni supplier....

hth

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.