BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
BFuk Mankini Crew Member #1
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm pretty in to chefing and love cullenary arts (although I'm not to good at the arts side of it) anyway I have always had decent knifes £250 quid sets (people who know knifes that's a pretty cheap set in comparison to most) so last night was chopping away and shouted thru to becki "I'm starting to need a new chefs knife" to which she replied "ok get one" hehehe after dinner I got amazon on and showed her the knife I want (just a pic not the add) "oooo posh" she replied "that ok babe?" I asked "yeh" she said! Boom

Shun kaji 8" chefs knife....... £275....... One knife........ Think she will use it to chop my balls?

Also am I Wierd for being very excited to use it?

Mmmm folded steel!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Trying to prepare food with a cack knife is at worst! frustrating. A truly sharp knife is a revelation.

Look after it and it will last forever (ie. long after you have gone, and your children and your childrens children!) there IS! method in the madness, sway your missus with the fact that you have saved hundreds on not having to buy average knifes often.

Would not suggest sticking it in the dishwasher!

Dunk

·
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No mate I used to have a kasumi knife which was awesome when I used to chef at the local resteraunt but I lent it to a lad who forgot his set and said give me it back tomrows shift never saw him again! Angry isn't the word got it as a present as well! Never mind the ones I have are decent knifes you won't find them in a supermarket they just aren't shun quality ;)

apparently they don't need sharpening for 12-18 months even in the trade :0 crazy!

And your right I don't even machine wash my current set they get washed and wiped by hand and put away after every use! Before I eat! So this little beaut will not be left on display! Comes with its own case! Also hand made by samurai sword craftsmen :0 perfectly ballenced! My mate is bringing his full set round tonight so I can play :D

God I sound like a sad looser! Plus I may even cut my own balls of! That's money out of my car fund (so really becki can't have a say :p)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
They are worth every penny, damascus steel blends high and low carbon for a good edge and flexible blade, very desirable, I bought a damascus steel hunting knife for preparing deer carcases for the larder, it make a huge difference know it will always be sharp especially when you need to do a field gralloch

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well Niall If she is going to kill you then you have provided the means for her to kill you. On the bright side been a sharp blade it shouldn't hurt you too much :lol

·
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh man, I would LOVE one of those!!!

I'm going through "tesco special" chef's knives like they're going out of fashion!
Bite the bullet and get one mate! I for one can't bloody wait!

Well Niall If she is going to kill you then you have provided the means for her to kill you. On the bright side been a sharp blade it shouldn't hurt you too much :lol
Ha yeh Steve mate I believe she will castrate me! But who needs balls when you have shun? Not me ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
I am sure the doctors will appreciate the knifes quality after they pull it from the side of you head.

Then the judge will enjoy 'exhibit A' when it appears in court as a murder weapon once you mrs discovers the price lol.

Jokes aside... Would love a quality knife. I use a stanley.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500 Posts
Have you heard of the new Kyocera ceramic knives? Never need sharpeing apparently....

Reactions: niall_farley

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Each to their own! It's like most of us car geeks wanting Snap-On and Teng etc, it's nice to have nice things. Fair play.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts