BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
2015 LCI F10 535d msport.
When I first start the car after it stands for a few hours it lacks power, as if the turbo's are not working. But if I stop the car, switch everything off then restart it the full power is there. This can happen even by driving just a few yards. It's as if something is not hooking up the first time but is hooking up on the second start.

I've run Bimmerlink and it shows 2 faults:
Lamda sensor fault, but I've had this for a few months now with no noticable effect on power or consumption and it passed the emissions test on it's MOT a month ago so I'm ruling this out.

Swirl flap fault - but I thought this only affected low engine revs.

Bimmerlink has shown the battery level is only 64% and knowing how a low battery level throws up all sorts of problems on Jaguars I'm wondering if this could be the cause, although I can't think why.

Any ideas would be very much welcome before I have to take it in for an expensive full fault finder at a garage.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Low battery can cause all manner of issues so best bet is to sort that anyway with a new battery, swirl flaps I would also look at as the engine can be restricted by the DME if it detects swirl issues.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
As said a low battery can throw all sorts of faults up but i can't say i have had this particular fault from a low battery.
Take it off disconnect it and charge it.
Doing it that way will also let the car reset as well so worth a try.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: I removed the intake manifold and found No.1 inlet port virtually blocked with crap from the EGR valve. The swirl flap actuator seemed ok and did not go past its 'stop'. Cleaned everything up and replaced the manifold. The engine started first time and I had full power and no fault code showing.
Everything was great for about 3 weeks then it all went wrong again and back to how it was and with the same fault code. So now I'm going to go for a total swirl flap delete despite hearing that I will lose low down torque, but with 465 ft lb to play with I hope I won't notice it. I am worried about the increased fuel consumption but I'll just have to live with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts