BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About three weeks ago, I noticed a possible very slight "twitch" in the auto when driving slow as in below 25 mph.

I drive a 330 ci 03 plate sport.

Going up-hill and the box was a little confused.

A week afterwards I knew it was something but what ? The days after it became apparent that taking right hand corners I apeard to loose drive momentarily which seemed very strange!!

This made me take the car off the road and use the Baur for a bit.

Now this morning at 06.00 on the way for gas, the power loss was within 1/2 mile and I turned back home.

Any help please guy`s , and I really must say that this box was 100% and felt so good to drive.

There has never been any "clunking" or bad gear changes and all things were 100% until now.

There are no warning lights etc on the dash and the engine is really good.
Do you think the coil pack is on it`s way out ?

I had a 330 se box go on me in the last 18 months and this was totally different to this. (BMW care, Pudsey £1800)

I really need the help from here to solve this ....but please can you give me a local BMW indie (not BMW Care) who may help me ?
Or, is there anyone with a code reader that could help me out ?
I will take her out in the morning so are there any test you think I should carry out?

I have a car with new "boots" and cant drive it .

Is it something to do with the auto stability control? When I turn this on or off there are no warning lights on the dash and also the ABS light comes on momentarily .
I'm at a loss , please help point me in some sort of direction.

Many Many Thanks Cry Cry

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just read this on a previous thread..........

"DSC is more clever and controls independent braking and pressure to each corner of the car combined with traction control to stop or prevent further out of control skids and loss of control by the driver via sensors that look at the orientation and position of the car to the road and where the front wheels are pointing..."

Are we on the right track here ??

Mart.

·
Vendor
4,317 Posts
Get the gear box oil level checked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2014 F11 520d 2014 f34 320dGT 1994 E36 318is coupe alpina rep
69 Posts
Have you checked the abs sensors and pick up ring on each wheel as on my gf's 1 series the o/s/r abs ring had a slight flat spot ans caused the traction control to kick in.
The traction control will cause loss of power for few seconds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought some code reading software and cable and this is what it came up with:::

error 0900 f7 not asc2 message

main errors: TAL ubat or open circuit
Efan -ground- open circuit
Lambda integregator (in red zone)

Teg up 1
Teg up 2
Teg down 2

I have no idea what all of this means so if you could shed some light on this, I will be very greatful.

Cheers Mart.

·
Registered
2014 F11 520d 2014 f34 320dGT 1994 E36 318is coupe alpina rep
69 Posts
Just reread your post and had a though we have had a e46 330 auto in work a few years a go that would lose power.
After i removed the box (not needed) there is a sensor (looks like a crankshaft sensor) up in the box sump pan near the prop end held in with a 10mm bolt could be worth a look.

A local indy should charge an hour to take a look. Its a case of draining the gear box oil and taking the pan off the sensor should be right there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts