BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi could anyone suggest from where to take the power from to power a dash cam when the ignition is turned off . I need this to power for park mode so if any accidents take place when parked it will record to the unit , im happy to take this from the boot fuse box and run it down
Also could anyone suggest a small dash cam with safety camera warnings on
Cheers col
Forgot to mention it’s on a G01 M40i

·
Registered
2017 F32 440i MSport
47 Posts
Hopefully somebody will have the answer to where it can be wired in, I tried every which way in my 2012 E92 but they all seemed to shut down after 15 mins or so.
The Garmin 45 is excellent, superseded by the 65 I believe. Very small, has traffic camera updates and many other features, quality recording and seems very reliable. Transferred mine to the F32 by simply plugging the power adapted into the cig socket under the glove box, some cars have extra sockets as part of differing spec options.

I tidied up the cables and ran them under the glove box, up the door trim and across the headlining.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate this is exactly what I don’t want to happen appears correct then after a period it shuts down
Cheers mate

·
Registered
2017 F32 440i MSport
47 Posts
Drive me round the bend, just couldn’t get a permanent live feed from the fuse box behind the glove box on the E92. It powered the Garmin up fine, just never got the park mode to work.

Sure there must be a way but I couldn’t find it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi the vehicle I’m talking about is a G01 so not sure those fuses will be the same as you described
Cheers

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi could anyone suggest from where to take the power from to power a dash cam when the ignition is turned off . I need this to power for park mode so if any accidents take place when parked it will record to the unit , im happy to take this from the boot fuse box and run it down
Also could anyone suggest a small dash cam with safety camera warnings on
Cheers col
Forgot to mention it’s on a G01 M40i
If I’m reading this correctly, what you’re looking to do is permanently hard wire the camera so it never turns off?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts