BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I get the feeling he's being made an example of after all the recent student protests. Hopefully these idiots will realising that breaking into a government building and looting is perhaps a step too far.

·
Registered
E83 3.0 X3 2004
147 Posts
Whilst i see both sides of the argument about student fees the coyntry is finacially screwed so somethings got to give. Also i know too many people who have done a degree then got a job that isnt even relevant.

As for this kid, he is lucky it wasnt a murder charge for that act of pure stupidity! Im all for peaceful demonstrations but those that kicked off went looking for trouble and nothing else.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Students are absolutely right to demonstrate over a tripling in the tuition fees, but this was an act too far. He is lucky no one was injured by his stupidity and deserves the incarceration!

·
Registered
450 Posts
hey they are cripling the poor with these student fees. How would anyone feel with a 40k dept just as you finnish the uni?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Oh it's perfectly understandable for students to be upset at the increase but a lot of them are just using this an excuse to cause mayhem, go on a riot and skip some lectures.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Student To$$ers!

Serves him right but this lad has been made an example of,its just a shame these other offenders dont get the same sentence for robbing and dealing drugs.

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
hey they are cripling the poor with these student fees. How would anyone feel with a 40k dept just as you finnish the uni?
Who is forcing them to go to university? Like much in life it is a choice.........

Equally, there are such things are part-time jobs - and let's be honest some 'students' attend a few hours of lectures each week.

Some self-help vs reliance on the taxpayer wouldn't go amiss?

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who is forcing them to go to university? Like much in life it is a choice.........

Equally, there are such things are part-time jobs - and let's be honest some 'students' attend a few hours of lectures each week.

Some self-help vs reliance on the taxpayer wouldn't go amiss?
bang on brother!! i said in another post sumwhere they do a few hours then spend half there time in a boozer when they are meant to be paupers and hard up..

stamp out mob and gang and booze mentality you'l stop a lot of this anarchy crap, mobs and gangs and booze generate bravado, idiocy and invincibilty..

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
can you imagine the damage that extingusher would have done if it had landed on someone - i shudder at the thought!

he has screwed his life up now anyway - hope he gets a great education on life in that young offenders institution!!!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
He'll be out in no time, we all know how the British justice system works..

Does he deserve it? IMO yes as he could have easily killed someone. Just a shame that other offences like drug dealing/thefts don't get the sentence they deserve, in most cases a suspended sentence..
Yeah but hell have a helluva funny walk though after he gats his wee rubba dub...:hihi

Never been to Uni but the mrs has and i was amazed at how much dicsount and free stuff they get, honestly it was unreal and they always complain about being skint after pouring 15 pints down the throat.

As Neal said, its a choice so if they dont like it then dont go if you ask me.

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya can do a course on Elvis Presley these days! useful and should pay well for a future career..:sarcastic

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Student Fees; What It Really Means

This is what makes a good story for the press. Student fees triple !

Reality, the upper limit has been increased for fees. But, as with anything, it's an open market, so if universities take up the opportunity of tripling fees then how many people would they attract ? Few. It is a limit, just that.

Say you have a car worth £1000, and matey down the road has the identical car. You aren't bound by an upper limit so decide to triple the asking price to £3000. Whose going to sell first ?

Don't believe everything you read guys.

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
half of them go to uni and do some bullsh+t course cos they don't wanna work in the first place.

my mates brother was an expert at it he was forever doing more courses well into his late 20's and nearer 30.. and never had a job, his brother said he's bone idle and would rather go university cos he could pick ones with afternoon lectures so he could slob in bed and do what he wanted..

i met him once wot an @sshole he just looked too old to be a student and was a right nerdy boring [email protected] and an instant room emptier at a russel harty..

·
Registered
388 Posts
Personally I don't care if it's a 10k or 100k debt they end up with. If they want to spend that money bettering themselves so they can earn more money when they finish, they can pay it back.
They only have to pay it back when they earn enough to do so.
So, why should I pay for them to do it???? I'm not getting any benefit out of their education:confused
This country has instilled a belief that you get something for nothing for too long.
Wake up students and pay your own way, I've always had to!

I don't have anything against students but I don't see why their complaining about getting a very, very good loan. It's quite simple, if you don't want to pay it back don't borrow it!

BTW I think that little sh*t with the fire extinguisher should be strung up. If they're making an example of him it's not a very good one. "Seriously endanger people lives with your blatant and calous stupidity and you can go to prison for a year" WHAT?????? String him up!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts