BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Poor fuel consumption

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  beem23 
#1 ·
Hi all, new to the forums so hello everyone ?. I’ve literally just purchased my 2010 F07 530d GT and I’m abit surprised at the OBC Fuel Consumption readout, it says I’m averaging in the low 20’s which is not even close to what BMW say it’s capable of, I know it won’t be hitting BMW’S figures but it’s a mile off.

I drive very sensibly / cautiously trying to improve the mpg but around town I’m
Struggling to get past 24-25mpg which seems low, any other F07 owners experiencing the same?

Any suggestions? Could the readout be incorrect?

Thanks

#2 ·
do a brim to brim test,,obc can be out loads,,on my e46 its out at least 7-8 mpg,,on my e90 it used to read 6-7 mpg under,,ie was averaging 36 mpg,,i reset it via the obc stalk,,now reads 42 mpg and thats accurate as i also do fuel v miles tests..ie i put £20 fuel in and i get around 150-160 miles at £1.20 per litre which is £5.40 per gallon,kits easy to reset it..

#8 ·
Would you happen to have the older 245 bhp engine in yours? If so, I am not surprised at the figures you are getting. I have the supposedly much better on fuel 258 and while 35 is possible around town, it is largely dependent on traffic. A bit too much stop and go and soon eats up the fuel. Don’t forget most of the fuel is used when accelerating from a stop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.