BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2007 335i n54 e93. It is full bolt-on and currently running a MHD 2+ tune.
So i was on my way to work one morning. I got off the freeway and it felt like i had ran over my engine. Turns out all six bolts on my crankshaft pulley had broke off . Now im left with trying to extract the remnants of the bolts from the crankshaft hub. My main concern is why this happened. Anyone ever heard of this happening? Can i just extract the bolts and reassemble and all is good. And whats the best way to remove these bolts?
Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Rim Gas Auto part

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drive a 2007 335i n54 e93. It is full bolt-on and currently running a MHD 2+ tune.
So i was on my way to work one morning. I got off the freeway and it felt like i had ran over my engine. Turns out all six bolts on my crankshaft pulley had broke off . Now im left with trying to extract the remnants of the bolts from the crankshaft hub. My main concern is why this happened. Anyone ever heard of this happening? Can i just extract the bolts and reassemble and all is good. And whats the best way to remove these bolts? View attachment 279931
Looking at that picture it appears there has been some loose bolts on there for a while with the way the metal around bolt holes is worn.
Removing is going to be fun due to damage at the top of the holes, if you can clean up at the top then you might get lucky carefully drilling in to the bolts and using easy outs or knocking a torx in. The bits shouldn’t be in right now the tension is off unless someone has loctited them in?
Once out run a tap down to clean threads up before replacing pulley and bolts.
Thank you ill give it a try

1 - 2 of 2 Posts