BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the Bluetooth that cannot be ticked problem on my 2004 530D and have purchased 2 different MULF units to try and get it working again but cannot for the life of me remove one of the old connectors.
It is a dirty white with a pink bit on the side.

I have pulled it as much as I dare. I have squeezed every part of it but it refuses to budge not helped by the awkward position I have to be in to get at it with a bad back.

I took pictures so I could go away and inspect at my leisure, I have watched endless videos and the ones that seem to have the same connector I can never quite see how they removed it but it always looks as though no force was used which is preventing me from just giving it a big pull as I do not think it is necessary.

I read the original MULF units are prone to this 'box that cannot be ticked' failure and I should replace it with a MULF 2. I took this advice and sourced a MULF 2 but further reading told me I needed one that was not High Basis and of course I had bought the wrong one.

I am currently trying to fit the MULF 2 (not high basis) but cannot remove the plug from the old unit as described.

Hopefully in the future I will be able to make the High Basis model fit and be able to add USB to my car which it does not have. It also does not have Aux in which I would also like to add but for the moment I would just like to be able to remove this $%£^%&* plug. :cry: What am I doing wrong. Is there some method I am overlooking.

When I look at the pictures it looks simple and when I go out to the car I can squeeze and press and wiggle but it shows no sign of coming away. It is obviously something trivial but I have spent literally hours on this which is just silly.

Thank you in advance.

Wood Automotive tire Flooring Gas Hardwood
Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Bumper Vehicle door

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I climbed into the boot so I could get a better view and pressing the latch in your picture was not releasing it. I looked closely at it and the latch was opening enough to free it but it would not budge. Trust my luck to get an awkward one, in video's I have watched these literally just fall off, but not mine.

In the end I squeezed the latch and pulled with a crazy amount of force and it suddenly broke free.

It had somehow become seized. Amazing how much time I wasted trying to get that out without damaging it.

Thanks, confirmation gave me the motivation to pull on it hard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts