BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ripped about 8 CDs onto WMA format, then burned back onto a single CD yesterday, using Windows Media Player.

When I play the CD in the car, it shows up the artist, album title and song title, which is great, and would be fine if I had only ripped and burned the one album onto WMA and back onto CD, but I'm finding it impossible to "toggle" between the 8 different CDs, as it only shows up the first burned CD.

Is that down to how I am burning the WMAs onto CD, or is it down to how I am accessing the media from within the head unit itself?

Hopefully that makes sense.

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,428 Posts
Actually afc69 (liking the name btw lol) I know what you are on about.

My parents have changed the stock radio on the'r astra and simulating an SD card like your CD it has the same affect as you described.

Now, unfortunately I have no experience with BMW mp3s but is there not a series of numbered buttons (radio presets) along the cd player?

The way i accidentally stumbled upon it is i pressed number 5 (on my parents stereo) and hey presto it skipped an album!!

You got pics of your setup at all? You got i-drive.... Be interesting to see how the mp3 displays either way. Red :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Red, username is made up of favourite footy team, and favourite number. :hihi

Correct, there is a series of numbered buttons (radio presets) along the bottom of the cd player, and I'm sure that is how you access the different folders, but the BMW manual isn't very descriptive. Don't have iDrive, but will post a pic later.

Might just be a trial and error situation - suck it and see:thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.