BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pic request (HIDs on Halogen Headlamps)

Ideally I'd like to retro fit some Xenon headlamps to replace my Halogen headlamps but I can't seem to find a pair in the right shape for a facelift Saloon, at a reasonable price.

So was thinking of adding a HID kit to the my current lights and holding out for a set. More of a nicety than anything I guess.

So have many/ any of you added after market generic HIDs to your Halogen (no projector type) headlamps? What is the light like? Bright no doubt but does it go eeeverywhere? Pics please!! :thumbsup

Also what fitment type is the dipped beam? H7?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Anything above 6000k and they start to look blue and 10000k is purple if i remeber right so obviously wont be road legal

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
dont confuse the colour temp with actual brightness...the human eye doesnt work very well at lower frequencies(which is where blue/purple is)
oem lights are around 4.5 kelvin...and the best trade off between looks and efficiency is (imho) the 6k....any bluer and they dont illuminate the road so well.

·
Registered
616 Posts
hello,
what do you call a reasonable price? cus your lookin at between 80 to 95 but they are worth every penny!

if you have any more questions just p.m me:thumbsup

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi mate,

I bought mine for £50 6000k is the best I rekon its pure white, on my all i needed to do was bull the bulbs out of the holders and then putthe positive and negative terminals in the bulb holder (trust me they fit, handy work from 'Greyhound' told me how to do it, once thats done to both which goes to the ballast the other 2 leads plug into the new bulb which comes with a holder and easily fits in to ure headlight,easy as that,and it took me 10 minutes no joke.

This is how mine came out below:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have fitted HID's to my 325 coupe, and ive found that the light pattern is very strange, the brightest of the light is just in the middle of the pattern, due to it not having projectors.. I was just wondering has anybody else had this problem?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts