BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The petrol consumption on my E36 98 323i coupe has fairly recently reduced from 33.4 (if I remember) to 32.5 miles per gallon over a few months according to the OBC.

I travel mainly by dual carriageway, though I guess all the winter weather in the UK may have slightly increased consumption. I do not push the car much at all. The mileage is about 110,000 miles. Not overly concerned, though was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether this consumption is ok. I have recently been taking the car to a different garage for servicing.

Thanks in advance, Tony

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
How is the car running?

As long as the garage uses the correct parts, espeically decent spark plugs rather than the cheapest parts they can source I wouldn't be too concerned about parts. May just be worth taking a plug out to see what make it is.

Perhaps the colder months have meant your car is taking longer to warm up, when engines are cold they tend to require a touch more fuel (i don't notice this on my 328 or Volvo .....)

Try having a diagnostic fault code read at an independant garage between £30-50. This would show any faults that could be linked to your consumption.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts