BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm loathe to publicise anything promoted by The Sun, but given thr strength of feeling on here, folks might want to add their names.

This is politically neutral in my opinion so stays on the right side of the Forum rules..........or by the time you read this I will have been struck with a Ban Hammer!!

So, ignoring the low-intellect source........

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article3347898.ece

·
Registered
602 Posts
Waste of time.

fuel prices won't drop because a load of people on the internet signed a petition.

Seen hundreds of these.

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Waste of time.

fuel prices won't drop because a load of people on the internet signed a petition.

Seen hundreds of these.
You may be right, but The Sun is (embarassingly!) the largest circulation newspaper in Britain and you may recall by supporting Blair (a switch from Tory) was instrumental in getting nu-Lab into power.

Therefore, if enough 'Sun readers' can use a computer and the likes of ourselves add to the numbers..........you never know.

Alternatively we sit on our arses and do nothing.

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
il sign a petition for fuel price increases! get some of the rabble off the roads so i can enjoy it more..

·
Registered
15 Posts
if i'm right, tomorrow, there are a load of protests at fuel depots around the country, by truck drivers, hauliers, farmers, joe bloggs etc.
now, on the whole, it will at a guess, go ignored by the masses, as its the 1st of its type. but remember, although good in principal, a petition pretty much won't make a difference, normally, direct action is what it takes.
now, tomorrows protest is the 1st, but, i think it will gather pace, as i think alot of the people behind it, may be those, who were behind the last, (and only successful) fuel protest that i can remember.
the reason that worked, was, bit, by bit, not only did it gather pace from hauliers, truckers, and the farmers, but as it went on, it had the support of joe public, who were as hacked off, as those protesting, so although we all had to queue at fuel stations, the protests seemed to serve a purpose for everybody.
i suppose we'll see what happens, but don't moan about fuel prices, if your not prepared to act.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts