BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Perfection Detailing vs Lambo Gallardo.

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Amos 
#1 ·
This lambo was booked in for a protection detail as the customer had a new more expensive pearl white Gallardo on order and was selling this one so wanted it looking its best ready for sale :D

Car looking pretty grubby on its arrival at the unit.

I'm sorry for the lack of wash procedure pics but time was against me on this one so just had to crack on. :thumbsup

The lower part of the car was sprayed with citurs degreaser, as were the door shuts, petrol cap etc and then agitated with swissvax brush. The car was then foamed and while the foam done its job I tackled the wheels with smart wheels ez brush and swiss brush for the faces.

Tackling those amazing wheels.

The car was then given a thorough rinsing before being foamed again, I then set about the engine which was petty grubby as with most Gallardo’s I’ve come across and was degreased with megs super degreaser and various brushes and rinsed off at low pressure. I might add all electrical components were sealed of before hand.

I then washed the Lambo with with megs hyper wash via 2 bm and lambs wool mitt, dried of with miracle towel, last touch and leaf blower. Lower half of the car was treated with tardis micro fibre cloth to remove tar deposits, clayed with sonus green and last touch for lube I then moved the car inside.

The paintwork was pretty swirly due to the owner making regular visits to the local hand car wash:banghead

So I decided to first prep the paint with Zymol HD cleanse which improved the paint a fair bit. Customers choice of wax was the blackfire system, wheels were sealed with poorboys wheel sealent, exhaust with autosol.

The engine was dresses with megs all season dressing.

The interior was then taken care of nothing to serious really just needed a good going over.

Before.

After.

The Lambo was then given a final wipe down with blackfires detail spray.

These were the results after 8 hours enjoy....

I then moved the car into the showroom where it was up for sale which is on the same site as my unit.

This porker was done the following day and had the similar treatment apart from the wax used was swissvax B.O.S.

Thanks for looking.

See less See more
#11 ·
Quick question to Mr Perfection Detailing........

what do you use to make those exhausts so clean? I have been using the acid that works on wheels to get brake dust off, but this only works to a point. Is there any stronger stuff out there that wont melt the driveway, but will shine up the exhaust a treat?

Many Thanks

Amos

#15 ·
Alright, alright Mr Lamper........so i was being lazy on the spelling checks........lol

To be honest i am in two minds anyway because i have had the same rear box for 3 years now.......is it time for a change. Its a single ended pipe........and.......well.......i dont know now if it looks right on the M.

Hmmmmmmmm.

#19 ·
What negative effect will acid have on the metal? It has had no effect so far.......what have i got to look forward to........my exhaust slowly melting!!! Not really the look i was going for. Lol.

Autosol...wirewool and a bit of effort. Cool.

Cheers

Amos

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.