BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where I can obtain a proper viewer for the advanced car eye? I.e. one that will interpret the GPS data, view the AVI and also, separate the front and back footage streams?

So far:

I can copy and view the AVI segments separately.
I found one dash-cam viewer which will play the AVI clips but doesn't interpret the GPS data
I found another viewer which will interpret the GPS data but not play the clips
I can't find anything which will play the rear camera footage (except when the SD is within the camera itself)

I would have thought BMW themselves would have a viewer, but haven't found it.

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply soulassassin,

I downloaded this yesterday and it came with a ton of rubbish shareware and warnings of a compromised PC and to click on xyz links, -so I didn't install it, -the .msi doesn't have a trusted signature and to be honest, the source just looks dodgy. I think if it was a true BMW application, it would be advertised by BMW and I've not seen it anywhere else despite some effort in looking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
http://www.advancedcareye.com

Thats the link from the manual, goes directly to download.
Hi Guys,

Thanks to everyone for your comments and help.
Soulassassin, -I managed to find the link you've highlighted and yes, that's exactly what I was after.

I've installed it and it all works fine, so thanks again.

Anybody wanting to know of my experiences with the advanced eye system, please just ask.

David

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have the same problem

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I can use the BMW software to listen to audio and see the GPS, but the video isn't playing. I can play the videos in VLC.
How did you get it to work?

Many thanks :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been trying to find software for the Advance Eye 2.0, found the one BMW offer as mentioned above, but this does not seem to work with the Eye 2.0. I have found a Dashcam Viewer, but it ignores the rear camera. I am not that impresses with the Eye 2.0, the app is not the best app ever written, the quality of the picture is no better than an £80 Dash Cam (which comes with the windows software!), plus the GPS seems to be wrong. On the App, there is a where did I park my car. It seems to be off by 50 miles! You have to have the engine running to get the Eye to give out an SSID so you can get the software to connect.

With hindsight, I would have looked for another dashcam.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been trying to find software for the Advance Eye 2.0, found the one BMW offer as mentioned above, but this does not seem to work with the Eye 2.0. I have found a Dashcam Viewer, but it ignores the rear camera. I am not that impresses with the Eye 2.0, the app is not the best app ever written, the quality of the picture is no better than an £80 Dash Cam (which comes with the windows software!), plus the GPS seems to be wrong. On the App, there is a where did I park my car. It seems to be off by 50 miles! You have to have the engine running to get the Eye to give out an SSID so you can get the software to connect.

With hindsight, I would have looked for another dashcam.
Hi, have you found software to playback video for rear cam? Maybe another way of playback for the rear cam?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there a PC software for the Advance Eye 2.0? When i dowload from SD card, its not possible to blayback the rear camera fotage?
With the ACE 2.0 App, I can't play the video clips without ACE 2.0 directly connected to the Iphone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts