BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again I am at loggerheads with Paypal. Why is it that every time it is an issue with these [email protected] it is with something expensive and not a couple of bulbs.

I sold a set of wheels last week. Good transaction, didnt get what I wanted for them, but buyer collected so all was well.

almost a WEEK later Paypal decide to send me an email telling me they are investigating the payment and not to let the buyer have the items until it is fully investigated. A week!!!!! FFS!

I cant use paypal until the issue is resolved, unless I want to pay them 200 pounds for the deficit they have now created to be cleared. Just before christmas as well.

Seller swears there is no issue at their end, if I take them at their word it appears Paypal have plucked this transaction out of the ether and [email protected] me with it for fun.

Last time it happened it was 800 pounds worth of body panels they were trying to rob me for (I bought them as immaculate, they turned up crash damaged, returned them to the seller, had them signed for and everything, and yet paypal still took over a month to decide that I was entitled to my money back despite the seller at the time constantly promising it and never doing it).

pisses me right off

just wanted to vent some steam

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
unfortunately you sign most of ya consumer and payment and transaction rights away when ya sign up for fleabay and paypal...

collections ya should always take cash on collection not paypal, its the number 1 scam he makes a complaint of none receipt of goods you cannot provide proof of dispatch, he gets his goods and the cash for nowt when paypal reverses the transaction cos you never provided proof...

at the very least get proof of collection by getting the buyer to sign and date a written receipt for collection of the said goods as sold via ebay...

the paypal alarming stories forum....

http://www.paypalsucks.com/newforums/

ebay gave me a red mark for allegedly not completing a transaction cos the seller reported it as not completed!!! even tho the seller had left good feedback for prompt payment for me on the transaction itself, and marked it as dispatched on ebay:sarcastic

[email protected]:mad

·
Registered
187 Posts
unfortunately you sign most of ya consumer and payment and transaction rights away when ya sign up for fleabay and paypal...

collections ya should always take cash on collection not paypal, its the number 1 scam he makes a complaint of none receipt of goods you cannot provide proof of dispatch, he gets his goods and the cash for nowt when paypal reverses the transaction cos you never provided proof...

at the very least get proof of collection by getting the buyer to sign and date a written receipt for collection of the said goods as sold via ebay...

the paypal alarming stories forum....

http://www.paypalsucks.com/newforums/

ebay gave me a red mark for allegedly not completing a transaction cos the seller reported it as not completed!!! even tho the seller had left good feedback for prompt payment for me on the transaction itself, and marked it as dispatched on ebay:sarcastic

[email protected]:mad
Once again DD spot on
To cut a long story short i got shafted £150 ,i sold a car on ebay and was payed the 150 by paypal as a deposit he then flew up from kent to collect the car he sighned the log book happy as larry and away with the car
when he got home he left exellent feedback for me ,so all was good ???
NO SIX MONTH later i received an email from paypal account frozen ect ect due to a chargeback ,he went to his bank and said SOMEONE had used his account and removed 150 quid
anyway after sending paypal all my'n and his emails which in one he asked if i received the deposit ,along with others to say he was chuffed with the deal
AND confiming the email address the money was sent from And poss feedback left on ebay
His bank payed him back the £150 which ment paypal wanted the [email protected]@@in money back from me
And it came down to 1 reason they said BECAUSE I DID NOT HAVE PROOF OF POSTAGE i said what the fu'' he sighned the log book the same day he took posession of the car ??? told them to check with DVLA but no they are not aloud
So i am not teaching anyone to suck eggs but i would always get someone comming to pick something up to sign for it along with the price they paid
And if anyone knows of of james in kent driving about in an 02 plate rosso red fiat stilo abarth KICK THE [email protected]@ING [email protected]@

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thats unbelievable, bloody paypal, they froze my account twice stating they were updating there records and I had to jump through hoops to sort it, ended up phoning them in the end. Far to many thiefs on fleabay these days

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good job the house security cam has him taking them to his vehicle then, at least I know what to look for if it all goes pear shaped. so far the guy seems legit. will have to wait and see the end result though. fingers crossed.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I should also say that Paypal where "supposed" to be fighting my case for me against his bank which is why i had to send them all emails paypal statements ect what a load of F''CKING good they were
They also have a "fraud" department ,i told them i wanted him done for fraud ,and considering he sent the paypal payment and all his emails from the same ,it would'nt have needed a rocket scientist to work that one out
I would take DD's advice "cash on delivery" sorted

·
Platinum BFuk Member
220 Posts
Thought I Just sold my MTECH interior on Ebay the guy promised 4 times to come and pay and collect them never turned up different excuse every time the last time he text me the night before to say he was being picked up at 8 the next morning to collect them never heard from him again, all this time the item was marked as payment not received and transaction not complete, Ebay sends me a bill for 10% of the final price. I contacted them to say I had not received payment and the item had not been not collected and i was cancelling the transaction they said I still needed to pay the amount and then claim it back. NO chance, I lost my credit card the next day so had to be cancelled, shame, no way am I paying money I dont owe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts